Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2017 12:05:41 PM EDT
Found this one listed online locally, advertised as "having original grips also" which he said are worn but not cracked.
Ad says only one number does not match.
Looks like it has 1920 and 1917 stamped on the top.

Opinions ? Does it look reblued anywhere in the pics ? Real world value ?

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The Ste .10 marking makes me think that it was a post-war pistol used by the Stettin police as that is the way they marked them.

As such it has been reworked.  The grips are not original to the pistol but may be real grips nonetheless.

I have a Stettin pistol with the black corrugated grips.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Double date means it was accepted into government service post WWI and possibly used by police in the so-called Weimar Republic.

That baby's has been around.

FYI, mine is a Coles Import.  Look at the bottom of the slide rail.  All you have to do is flip the pistol over and look at the bottom edges of the slide.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
As Tonto says...it is what it is...if the price is right, I wouldn't hesitate, it has some real history behind it...

As for value, Luger prices have gone nuts...I could be wrong, but I'd say as it is, if it is anywhere from $800 to $1300, I'd say its a good deal...hell, the way things are in Luger world, that may be a steal...
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#4]
A non matching ww1 era Luger with cracked original grips should go for around $800 these days at most in my experience. I've seen nicer ones go for less than that but they sell quickly. I think $800 is a pretty fair value on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top