Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2017 6:03:43 PM EDT
I got a nice Steyr M95 the other day.  Anyone know a source for a correct sling for it?  Or maybe a "close" to accurate sling.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.mountainstatesupply.com/Civil-War-Springfield-1861-Sling-Brown-50_p_459.html

Correct "pattern" but it looks like your had the buttstock sling swivel removed....so it might be too long.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Try ....Liberty Tree Collectors

They usually have a good selection of oddball mil slings.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.mountainstatesupply.com/Civil-War-Springfield-1861-Sling-Brown-50_p_459.html

Correct "pattern" but it looks like your had the buttstock sling swivel removed....so it might be too long.
View Quote
Yeah, most of the rifles that were converted to carbines in the 1930's had the new side swivels put on and the old rifle one removed and wood patched.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think many of the original WWI or WWII slings survived.  There are some postwar leather hook slings and bulgarian "universal" slings, used on early ak's, in brown leather or green web with black leather ends that will work.

There is also a wide green web hook sling and looks like Liberty tree has that one for sale.  Watch out for those, they are very wide and won't fit the swivels on a lot of rifles.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are looking for a correct WWI sling, this is what you want:

Replicas can be purchased on eBay from a re-enactor supply company in Germany called Nestof. Search for M95 Sling and you'll find them. The pictured sling is one of their repros.

The Bulgarian hooked web-slings are correct for their usage in Bulgarian service. As said, Liberty Tree has those. The hooked slings are not the WWI pattern.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I need a rifle barrel to finish a restoration.  I'd take a barreled receiver.  

Rifle length in the 8mm rimmed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top