Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2017 10:22:55 PM EDT
I have always heard the Finnish rifles are more accurate than their Russian counterparts.  It will be a week or so before I have it in my possession so I was curious what everyone's opinions are on these rifles. The rifle I bought is numbers matching and has a good bore/rifling.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! I want one and only have a 91/30.  Think of the M39 as Babe Ruth and the 91/30 as a minor leaguer that just got called up.  He may be good, but he's not Ruth.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
nice looking rifle. you will like it feed good ammo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I reload a lot for 7.62x54R. I have a load that all of my other Mosins and PSL's love.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Love my M39s. If I was forced to get rid of all but one I'd keep a M39.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I reload a lot for 7.62x54R. I have a load that all of my other Mosins and PSL's love.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'll need to load differently for the M39.  The sights are calibrated for use with a particular projectile that is around 200 grains and has a rebated boat-tail.  I was shooting mine at 300m with light ball ammo and the rounds were sailing over the target.  I had to aim at the dirt well below the target to get anywhere on-paper. 

Wolf used to import a compatible match load, but importation ceased a while ago and it is hard to find.  Lapua makes the components for the cartridge specific to the M39.  I think anothe3r company or two also make them.  There's also a Soviet match load one can occasionally find as surplus that works.  Surplus light and heavy ballcartridges both have a trajectory that deviates from the sights too much.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
You could glue a wooden match stick to the front sight to make taller.  That wouldn't permantly alter it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]
That's gorgeous wood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top