Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 10:59:07 AM EDT
And hit the 10" 100 yrd gong with the first shot!

POP!

ting

WTF!!!!

Of course the rest of the box was good if it came within 10' of the damned thing. And some were landing a good 25' - 30' away. The only safe spot would have been in front of the target.

BTW, I was really there to sight in my new Romy SKS and the M/N 91/59 that's been in the back of the closet for a year and a half.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
lol at least you didn't box it up and put it up on gunbroker for $870 saying it's dead nuts accurate at 100yds.  I've had a few "Hey watch this" moments where I pull some miraculous shot out of my ass by accident that I can't ever repeat.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
lol at least you didn't box it up and put it up on gunbroker for $870 saying it's dead nuts accurate at 100yds.  I've had a few "Hey watch this" moments where I pull some miraculous shot out of my ass by accident that I can't ever repeat.

Heeeyyyy.....

Who was the old gunwriter that said "only accurate guns are interesting?"

I only half agree. I find the wildly inaccurate ones to be highly entertaining. I mean, I have a Ruger MKll Govt. Target model that is so laser beam accurate it's boring. But give me my Heritage Arms Rough Rider and I'll shoot  two or three cylinder's worth before I can hit the can I would have drilled with the first shot out of the Ruger.

What can I say? I'm easily entertained.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my guns to be fun and accurate if at all possible....and if they're not either one of those two they're probably in my collection because I wanted to know how the action works....I'm weird like that.  When I was 8 or 9 I took apart my door knob just to figure out how it worked and put it back together....My dad wasn't all to happy with me but didn't really have a foot to stand on when I put it back together and it still worked.  

That's part of the reason why I'm going to buy a nagant revolver...I just want to know how the heck the action works with the whole cylinder moving forward and sealing against the forcing cone.  I may never even shoot the thing...much like my Astro-Hungarian M95 Stutzen's I bought from AIM at $60 shipped each a few years ago.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been wanting one for a while now.

I have a soft spot for oddball Euro hand guns.  They don't get much more odd than the Nagant.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Mark Twain had an interesting quote concerning the old S&W tip up .22 revolvers that I still remember from reading as a youth,,,

"It was GRAND! It had but one fault, You could not hit anything with it,,,"
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been wanting one for a while now.

I have a soft spot for oddball Euro hand guns.  They don't get much more odd than the Nagant.

AIM still has some for $94.95.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL!

My results with my Nagant have been similar (except for the part where you hit the target.). I think these were primarily used for shooting deserters (also known as hesitant young privates) in the back, from much shorter ranges. They're still fun to shoot, though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

LOL!

My results with my Nagant have been similar (except for the part where you hit the target.). I think these were primarily used for shooting deserters (also known as hesitant young privates) in the back, from much shorter ranges. They're still fun to shoot, though.

I thought I read somewhere that the KGB or some other sort of secret squirrel russian group used nagant revolvers with silencers for executions/assinations....doesn't leave a spent case afterwards and it's one of the few revolvers that can be canned.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL!

I thought I read somewhere that the KGB or some other sort of secret squirrel russian group used nagant revolvers with silencers for executions/assinations....doesn't leave a spent case afterwards and it's one of the few revolvers that can be canned.

That wouldn't surprise me. I know I've seen a video on youtube of a guy with a suppressed Nagant. Basically, all you hear is the hammer falling and if the smoke didn't roll out of the muzzle, you would swear that it never went off. I wish I lived in a state that allowed me to put a can on one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
and if they're not either one of those two they're probably in my collection because I wanted to know how the action works....I'm weird like that

So am I.

The biggest reason I bought a CZ52 pistol years ago was because I couldn't wrap my mind around how the roller locking system worked. Now an H&K rifle would have been more fun/interesting/whatever but it was also 10 times the price of the CZ pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top