Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 4:13:42 PM EDT
Found this also thouhgt I remeber reading somewhere CMP shoots will not let you use an o3a3 rifle that they know was demilled.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/questionable-activities/gibbs-rifles/gibbs-rifles-navy-arms-unsafe-e7463.htm

Hard to believe they are selling these if it really is a problem but how can anything like this be tested first?

I really do not see this a a fraud issue they openly state that they are from demilled rifles.

Would you purchase one of these for 800.00 you can get a new looking rifle I'm tempted but less tempted to to purchase a beater for the same price.

Thanks Snowman357
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't buy one. Not because they're restored drill rifles, but because you can get an original condition rifle for at least a couple hundred less, if you look around.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wouldn't buy one. Not because they're restored drill rifles, but because you can get an original condition rifle for at least a couple hundred less, if you look around.

for one of their standard 03A3s. this. they are safe to shoot. all of their receivers are rockwell hardness tested before being assembeled into a new rifle.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I would consider buying one of their 03A4s (and actually might at some point), since original 03A4s are 3-4 times as expensive, but I agree with the above responses that there are better deals to be had on a normal 03A3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top