Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 3:51:04 PM EDT
I finally placed my order for a Service Grade Garand and it posted 3/31/06 and went to open 4/4/06 in the estore.  Now I'm just patiently waiting for the 60-90 day backorder to pass.  From the pics posted on the CMP forum of service grades being sent out lately they look really, really nice.  I'm occupying my time now by ordering a bayonet and sling for it and trying to learn all about stripping it down and it's function.  Anybody else out there waiting patiently for their Garand?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anybody else out there waiting patiently for their Garand?

Not me.  

Five minutes after opening the box.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:11:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Hoppy, that's a sweet looking gun!  What grade is it and how long ago did you get it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hoppy, that's a sweet looking gun!  What grade is it and how long ago did you get it?

It's a Greek Service Grade H&R that I got about five months ago.  I've since restored the stock with tung oil and some Dura-Coat on the gas tube (gotta get some pics downloaded).  I've put about 200 rounds through it and get about 1.5" groups with my handloads and 2.5" with the Korean PS M2 Ball.

Hope yours arrives soon.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I finally placed my order for a Service Grade Garand and it posted 3/31/06 and went to open 4/4/06 in the estore.  Now I'm just patiently waiting for the 60-90 day backorder to pass.  From the pics posted on the CMP forum of service grades being sent out lately they look really, really nice.  I'm occupying my time now by ordering a bayonet and sling for it and trying to learn all about stripping it down and it's function.  Anybody else out there waiting patiently for their Garand?

Service grade Springfield ordered on in late December of 05' and I finally got it in March 1, 2006.
Be patient and buy your ammo while your waiting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top