Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 6:55:54 AM EDT
I just got off the phone with ATF in Atlanta, they ran my Social and didn't find anything in the system and my CC hasn't been charged in 2.5 weeks. The person I spoke with gave me the options of resubmitting my application or continuing to wait. What would all of you do?
Paul
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#1]
well a friend of mine has been waiting for a while as well without getting charged. If the said you could resubmit I amagine it would't hut. They charged me the day after my app arrieved, but then again in your case they could just be busy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the down side of submitting another application?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What's the down side of submitting another application?

The only one I can think of Hoppy would be them finding the first app and then the second and getting confused. I think I'll wait another week or two and call them again and THEN resubmit if they still don't have any record of me in the system.
Paul
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Patience my friend, patience.
You are dealing with a huge beauracracy where one hand may not know what the other hand may be doing.
Unless it got lost in the mail (unlikely), it is probably just taking awhile...

To make you feel better, try this one on for size:
moved to NY State, applied for a pistol permit (must have a permit to even posses a pistol/handgun), so I turned in the paper work on August 10, 2005, it will be 8 months in a few days, and not a fuggin word from the issuing agency, now that SUCKS right there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Patience my friend, patience.
You are dealing with a huge beauracracy where one hand may not know what the other hand may be doing.
Unless it got lost in the mail (unlikely), it is probably just taking awhile...

To make you feel better, try this one on for size:
moved to NY State, applied for a pistol permit (must have a permit to even posses a pistol/handgun), so I turned in the paper work on August 10, 2005, it will be 8 months in a few days, and not a fuggin word from the issuing agency, now that SUCKS right there.

ya im going for my permit too....soon...because of the reason it takes so FREAKIN long for it to be approved...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top