Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 11:46:19 AM EDT
I sent in the application on Feb 16th and received the license today. They have not cashed the check I sent to pay for it yet, I also did not receive any additional information....

ooofff.... just noticed my name is spelled wrong... well it would if been a fairly quick turnaround h

x~
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
6 weeks. Not bad.

That's good news for me too. I sent mine in on Feb 24th.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I was surprised. I was going to call them later this week since the check has not cleared.

I was all ready to start stuffing envelopes when I noticed the spelling error...

I want to order my K31 NOW!!!! Hope
x~
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking at a K31 also as my first purchase (along with a Yugo SKS)

Let me know where you order from and how it comes out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I will do that, but depending on how long the name change takes you may get one before I do.

x~
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Update:
I sent an email at 4:14pm last night to the ATF via the NLC address. I asked what the procedure was to get the spelling of my name corrected.

At 8:03am I received an email stating the error had been corrected and the new license would be mail out to me today.

I have, and still do work with a couple government agencies (non ATF) this is my first direct interaction with the ATF, and you cannot ask for better service than that.

I hear stories about them being hard to deal with, in my very limited case they were great.

x~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top