Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:42:58 PM EDT
I have read that some of the reproduction M-N stripper clips are not shaped very well and can cause feeding problems. I am leery of the “stainless” clips as I assume they must be reproductions.

Can anyone comment on this? And, anyone know of a source for original M-N strippers?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:42:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:00:24 AM EDT
FWIW, all my Nagant stripper clips are brass, (purchased long ago at gunshow IIRC) and not all that great at their job, IMO.

Are they the "originals"?

Mike

ps - sorry don't know where to get more.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:20:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mbsk01:
I've read the same thing you have.

There are a couple people on gunboards.com who are selling original clips. The other alternative I know of is Ebay.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:54:32 PM EDT
the brass ones are chinese and not so good. aim was selling 7.62x54r on strippers a week or so ago. that is where the clips for sale on gunboards came from. they are original military clips and work well.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:58:03 PM EDT
I bought 40 supposedly "original unissued" Mosin Nagant strippers a few weeks ago. I loaded them up and tried to feed a few. It was horrible. It was almost impossible to make them feed in my 1938 Tula. It was a completely different world compared to my K98 or my Enfield. The clips were stainless with no arsenal mark on them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:23:57 AM EDT
I bought a 20 pack off Gunbroker.com, I took them out and tried to load them, then checked to make sure these weren't my SKS stripper clips, needless to say they didn't work at all. Out of 7 clips I only got 1 to load flush, some would load half some wouldn't work at all. I'm pretty sure theses were supposed to be original, but they sucked balls. Easier to hand load.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:33:56 AM EDT
The stainless ones are chinese. the brass ones work great for me, I had trouble with the stainless ones. But I can also load pretty fast by hand. the brass ones from ebay are my favorite.
Top Top