Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:57:20 PM EDT
I stopped in at Dunham's today and found that they were having a firearms sale... and they had the Swiss K-31's.  Three of them... one had a red band painted around the foregrip and was pretty rusty.  Another one had a decent amount of surface rust on it.  The third one, though, had a pretty good stock (not butt-rotten like a lot of pics I've seen), minor dings and had just minor surface rust in a few spots.  The bore looked sharp and clean too.  The regular price was $149; they are letting them go for $99 each.

What I am wondering is what type of shape the ones from AIM surplus are in.  The AIM surplus ones are listed as excellent bores with stock and finish wear.  Has anyone bought any AIM K31's lately?  Is a small amount of surface rust likely with these no matter where you get them?  I am seriously considering going back and getting the nicer one.  I've been wanting to get a K31 for a while now but all the ones I've seen at the gun shows looked like the buttstocks have stood in water for five years.

They also had two Yugo SKS's in there; one was really rough and rusty, the other was better rust-wise, but had "VITO" carved in the stock.    $109 each, on sale.

So... how 'good' is the best examples of the K31's that are out there?  Would I be chasing the holy grail by waiting for a better one?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What I am wondering is what type of shape the ones from AIM surplus are in.

So... how 'good' is the best examples of the K31's that are out there?  Would I be chasing the holy grail by waiting for a better one?

AIM's K-31's are probalby a TAD better than Dunhams, only because they deal with Century to get a better lot than what's sent out to Dunhams, but that's no guarantee. From what I understand the last few shipments of K-31's are literally "the bottom of the barrel" and you had better strike now, before they're gone.

As for bore condition, most all K-31's have good bores. The shooter was responsible for the upkeep of the gun, and if mechanically they didn't pass inspection, the SHOOTER paid for the repair.....so you can imagine that the bores were kept clean and intact. I've personally never seen a bad bore on a K-31, tho I suspect there might be a couple out there.

I'd jump on Dunhams guns, myself. Good price, and if you ask nicely they'll probably let you go through them and pick the best one from the back room. They do that for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top