Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:30:11 AM EDT
Hi all

As a new owner of a M1 and other C&R rifles, I sometimes shoot corosive ammo.

I have been reading that USGI issue bore solvent has the oil and corosive salts removing agents in a all in one solutions.

Where can I find some?

Granted I shoot greek surplus through my M1 but if I decide to get the KA stamped stuff for my 03, I would like the easy cleaning option if i use it in both guns.

thanks all.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I sometimes see it on Sportsmans Guide or Cheaper Than Dirt.

I tried that stuff a while back and had to abandon the idea.  It stinks so bad that I was banished from the house until I changed clothes after using it in the garage.  It just wasn't worth the hassle for the results.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've gotten into c&r firearms, I've been advised buy everyone so far that after I shoot I should spray windex down my Bbl and in my action
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've gotten into c&r firearms, I've been advised buy everyone so far that after I shoot I should spray windex down my Bbl and in my action

yep, seems to be the agreed upon method, except some warn leaving ammoniated windex sitting too long in the bore, supposedly the acid can actually damage the bore if not cleaned off shortly afterwards.

But this is just what I've heard from a few people on this board.

I just use foaming bore cleaner/scrub, let it sit in the barrel for about 10 minutes, scrub with a bronze brush, then pour very hot or boiling water through the bore.  Seems to work just fine.  Then spray some CLP in both the muzzle and chamber let it coat the bore for storage.

-mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top