Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 9:34:22 AM EDT
Ok so I am about to get my first C&R gun. I asked this question in the "How to get that C&R" thread but nobody has answered my question. I just ordered a bound book from R&K. For the bound book, I understand everything except what I am supposed to put in the "Receipt" column. Do I put my name/address or the dealer's? And, under the description column what am I supposed to put in the box that says "Type"?

I have the 2005 Regulation book and looked through it and it had examples of what the bound book pages look like but it did not have any examples of what goes in which field. The Reg book they sent me is the 2005 edition

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:19:37 AM EDT
Since you spent the extra money for the R&K book I suggest you ask them.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By Big-Will:
Ok so I am about to get my first C&R gun. I asked this question in the "How to get that C&R" thread but nobody has answered my question. I just ordered a bound book from R&K. For the bound book, I understand everything except what I am supposed to put in the "Receipt" column. Do I put my name/address or the dealer's? And, under the description column what am I supposed to put in the box that says "Type"?

I have the 2005 Regulation book and looked through it and it had examples of what the bound book pages look like but it did not have any examples of what goes in which field. The Reg book they sent me is the 2005 edition

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:09:23 PM EDT
So here's a hopefully helpful response...

Under receipt I put name address and phone number of the dealer you got your firearm from.

For type, in the book I got from Brownells, it says to use "rifle" or "shotgun" or "revolver".
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:37:34 PM EDT
Under receipt I put name address and phone number of the dealer you got your firearm from.

You are exactly correct. The reciept column is for where the dealer obtained the gun from. As for the type, I usually use the rifle, pistol, shotgun, or if ordered maybe lower receiver, just whatever it is. Think about it this way. 5 years from now ATF shows up and wants to know about serial number ******. You want to be able to turn to that page in the bound book and point them in the right direction, without any oh's, and ah's. Just straight to the point. I got that receiver from Joe Smith on this date and sold it to Jim Smith on this date. You keep your data straight and the're is never any problems with ATF visits.

Eric
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:57:31 PM EDT
Do you need the other person's FFL #?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:59:49 PM EDT
I don't think the FFL# is required, but if you don't have it, you have to have the name and addy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:29:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Big-Will:

Under "Receipt" put the name and address of the Dealer/Person you got the firearm from.
Under "Type" put the type and action. such as Rifle-semi-auto.
Top Top