Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:33:16 PM EDT
About a year and a half ago, I bought one the the MN 91/30 rifles from aim. I have to say that it is a hell of a rifle. However, I have been curious about where most of them come from. Are they in their original WWII condition, or have they been refurbished? BTW, what exactly do they mean by "refurbished?" What parts do they "refurbish." My reciever is not hexagonal but cylindracal. Were cylindracal recievers common on Nagants in WWII?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Most Russian Mosin Nagant rifles from places like AIM or SOG were refurbished by the Russians and stored away for the war that never happened.  In most cases they just slapped a coat of  shallac on the stock and painted (blued?) the metal.  Sometimes they threw on a new stock.  Sometimes they added other metal parts as needed and adjusted the serial numbers.

Go here to learn more than I can tell you.....

surplusrifle.com/russianmosin189130/index.asp

edit:  Here's another good source of info...

7.62x54r.net/

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to www.gunboards.com and go to the Collector's Forum.  Premier site for Mosin-Nagants and has been for nearly a decade.  Virtually all Mosins have been refurbed at least once and in some cases several times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top