Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:32:31 AM EDT
What ever happened to all the USGI C&R stuff that was supposed to hit the shores when the ATF announced the barrel ban decision?

Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:29:16 AM EDT
It's on a slow boat from China.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By Longboat:
What ever happened to all the USGI C&R stuff that was supposed to hit the shores when the ATF announced the barrel ban decision?

Did I miss something?

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:00:36 PM EDT
What stuff?
Jim
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:51:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
What stuff?
Jim

there was a rumor going around here and on other forums about donated GI weapons (carbines, 1911's, etc.) coming back home.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:32:01 AM EDT
I didn't think it was a rumor.. I thought it was pretty well spelled out that the importers could bring them back home, but can't find a copy of the letter now.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:59:11 PM EDT
I remember the letter in question. First the importers have to find a cache of firearms that is for sale, in decent shape, at a decent price, in a country that isn't on our state department sh** list. This is a rather tall order. A lot of the U.S. lend-lease arms have simply been used up or destroyed. Somebody might find a CONEX container of well preserved M1 Carbines in a dark corner of a foreign warehouse years from now, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to happen.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:28:17 AM EDT
probably.. I just remember the talks of importers already having surplus stuff on it's way back. Would be here in time for Christmas.

I haven't heard a peep since then...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:35:33 PM EDT
Wasn't there something about a shipload of rifles held up in a Turkish or Italian port because they were milurps?
Jim
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:04:43 PM EDT
wasn't there another thread somewhere on AR15.com about a large amount of carbines and M1's coming out of korea???
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:55:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 2:56:10 PM EDT by triage1998]
Not holding my breath on this but hot and heavy debate over at CSP/Jousters about Korean M1 Garands and M1 Carbines up for bid by the Korean .gov

People over at Jousters are at each others throats about this

www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/garand/garand.pl?noframes;read=93918

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:06:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triage1998:
Not holding my breath on this but hot and heavy debate over at CSP/Jousters about Korean M1 Garands and M1 Carbines up for bid by the Korean .gov

Wow. That is a lot of Korean Garands and Carbines. It seems academic to me that we'll get them. We're one of a handful of countries left where civilians can still own guns like that and I imagine we're the only country left where the market can absorb that many firearms. The question is when, through whom, and for what price.

Galland
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:39:28 PM EDT
When are the G43s coming in from Russia?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:47:14 PM EDT
rumor has it they wanted too much$ for them when the Dollar was high. now with the dollar low in value i doubt we will see them for a very long time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:53:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triage1998:

I never get over how impossibly SHITTY that forum is to read. Ugh, no wonder they're all bent out of shape, that site is a mess.
Top Top