Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:56:45 PM EDT
Took my 24/47 out today and shot it for the first time. Kicked the hell out of me! Actually it wouldn't have been so bad but I had rotator cuff surgery on the off shoulder mid January. Still off work and will probably be for another 6+ weeks. Shot sitting at a picnic table at the range with both elbows on the table. Just about dropped the rifle. Didn't think the recoil was that bad, but it REALLY jarred my other shoulder. Brought tears to my eyes. I took it back out later and shot off bags. Now that was manageable. Shot a 3 1/2" group. Real happy considering the shoulder, don't know anything about the surplus ammo I picked up to shoot, and it being the first time I've shot it. Anyway, my question. It's shooting to the left. Whats the best way to get the site hood off without scratching everything to drift the front site over? Thanks. Greg
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Thge best, and easiest way, is with a pair of external snap ring pliers. If you don't know what they are just go to your local hardware store. They'll know.

They work opposite of regular pliers. When you squeeze the handles the tips spread.

Here's an inexpensive pair Sears sells.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top