Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 8:10:08 PM EDT
Here is my M1 I just received today, my order has been open since 12/21/05.

Do I need to do anything special when I clean the stock to keep this cartouche intact?  It looks great, and at first glance it appears the bore is in great shape.  I'll just need to replace the upper handguard with a matching one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
nice......

my Father and I recently picked up a CMP M1 SA off the EE, we're more than happy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
tag cause mine is about two weeks out.

Since we're asking, how does one go about cleaning up the stock?  I don't want to refinish it in any way, just clean and preserve.  sudsy dishsoap water and then BLO?

Thanks and I apologize if this is an old topic

If it isn't covered in cosmoline try Murphy's Oil Soap or Liquid Gold. Either should do a good job of gently cleaning the grime without stripping any finish on it.
BLO is the traditional method, but try using Tung Oil Finish instead. It is still the service appearance without the hassle of constantly applying BLO.HERE is a link to a very interesting article on that subject.

HTH,
Jim
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here is my M1 I just received today, my order has been open since 12/21/05.

What grade of rifle is that?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Service Grade
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good, I'm waiting for my GCA membership to get here and to CMP and I'm getting a service grade also.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice looking rifle!

Question for the masses.... I thought if you had a C&R, you didn't need to have a club membership? Is that true for CMP or does anyone know?  The CMP site gives the impression (to me). But the actual order form says there is no exception to the club rule.

Anyone know for sure or should I contact CMP?
I wouldn't mind getting one of the Garands...even one of the Greek loaned ones.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you still have to have proof of membership, just not proof of participation in a shooting activity. A c&r  takes the place of that requirement.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice looking rifle!

Question for the masses.... I thought if you had a C&R, you didn't need to have a club membership? Is that true for CMP or does anyone know?  The CMP site gives the impression (to me). But the actual order form says there is no exception to the club rule.

Anyone know for sure or should I contact CMP?
I wouldn't mind getting one of the Garands...even one of the Greek loaned ones.

No Expert

You must belong to either a qualifying club or the Garand Collectors Association .
The C&RFFL can be use instead of shooting a qualifying match.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks guys!

Sorry for the hijack

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Or if you are active duty or retired military.  If you are one of the above you automatically qualify.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top