Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 5:14:54 AM EDT
i was at the columbus gun show in columbus and this guy had what looked like a near mint no4 and it was blonde witha pretty brass butt plate. in fact all his surplus looked near mint and i backed off. does anybody know? also he wanted 600.00 bucks for it. some may have seen this rifle.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#1]
   It sounds like one of the " Irish contract " Enfields . I'm not an expert But I think a ton of them were built for Ireland and they went to self loading rifles before the bolt guns were delivered/ issued. A friend of mine had one new in the wrapper.

They  are a brand new rifle but $600 sounds a little steep.

A guy HERE has one
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
   I got myself a nice one, other than the fact that it had been drilled and taped for a scope. One of these days I'd like to get the screw holes filled in.

REally a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i was at the columbus gun show in columbus and this guy had what looked like a near mint no4 and it was blonde witha pretty brass butt plate. in fact all his surplus looked near mint and i backed off. does anybody know? also he wanted 600.00 bucks for it. some may have seen this rifle.

I'm sure I know the dealer you saw. He's got SOME nice stuff, but most of it he's taken the sander and spray paint to. He likes to refinish his guns and charge for it. That's ok, I guess, but disengenous.

If you are interested in a nice original No4, look up Pat Jarvis at the shows - he has all the milsurp along the left side wall. He's got some nice No4's.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks swingset
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top