Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:53:59 AM EDT
I'm thinking about adding a K31 to my collection. Where is the best place to buy one of these for high quality at a decent price?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:57:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 8:57:44 AM EDT by MauserMark]
try Allan's Armory, everyone loves his selection. You pay a lot more, but you get what you pay for.

If you're not obsessed with a cosmetically perfect K31, Aimsurplus is the way to go. Most likely one from there will have some worn finish, and worn stock, with maybe some chewed up parts on the stock, but everything is easily refinishable.

-mark
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:58:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 11:59:48 AM EDT by kingfish]
Allans Armory seems to be at the high end. I think you're hedging your bet if you buy one off an auction site where you get to see it and ask questions, or if you pick one up at a gunshow (the best--you get to hold it). I purchased two K31's in each manner and I paid less for the two than what Allans Armory charges for one of the better ones. Both of mine are excellent +. As nice as these rifles are, I dont feel anyone should have to pay more than about $130 for one of these, as Century has them as low as $70. In the future, they will be more expensive, but right now they're still cheap.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:33:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kingfish:
Allans Armory seems to be at the high end. I think you're hedging your bet if you buy one off an auction site where you get to see it and ask questions, or if you pick one up at a gunshow (the best--you get to hold it). I purchased two K31's in each manner and I paid less for the two than what Allans Armory charges for one of the better ones. Both of mine are excellent +. As nice as these rifles are, I dont feel anyone should have to pay more than about $130 for one of these, as Century has them as low as $70. In the future, they will be more expensive, but right now they're still cheap.

Color me blind, but I didn't see any K31's on his page.......could you provide a link?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:41:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 4:42:12 PM EDT by patrickcudd]
oops..double tap
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:22:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By patrickcudd:

Color me blind, but I didn't see any K31's on his page.......could you provide a link?

I havn't looked at his page in a couple months. When I bought my first K31, I thoroughly researched them, then I thoroughly searched the internet sellers. I didn't buy one from him, firstly, because I asked for a photo of a rifle for which he did not have a photo posted, and he informed me that he has a policy to not email photos. That's cool. Secondly, the prices were much higher than anywhere else I had looked. Since buying my first (Auction arms), I found my second at a gunshow for $105 and with a little refinishing on my part, it's an excellent + rifle (everything matches plus an ID tag). Being able to actually hold the rifle before purchasing goes a long way. I can look for dents that will or will not come out easily, I can spot gouges that can not be repaired, I can see any rust that may be present, I can inspect the muzzle, and I can bargain the price down (which I did). Right now is the time to get in on these rifle. I have never seen such high quality rifles selling for so low a price. Its almost a joke how low their prices are. I'm sure, if you wait a few years, they will certainly go up in value.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:25:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By patrickcudd:

Looks like he's all outof K31s for now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:38:34 PM EDT
I'm all over this right now. Hope what's true for me works for you.

Allan's Armory is out right now. He listed 7 or 8 Beech 2 weeks ago and sold out within a week because he has excellent quality. I bought 2 of the 8 or so. Call his number and ask him his status, he will tell you, and he will tell you to watch his web site. He speaks truth. Don't ask him to find somehting for you. I think he has some nice Beech ones coming up within the next few weeks, ask himw what his plans are then follow the website.

AIM. Good generic rifles. I also have 2 of these. Hand select, walnut stock, slings and muzzle covers. I was disappointed at first, then cleaned both stocks and refinished one and have a good end result. No freebies but legitimate quality. Me gusta. I will probably order one more from them as soon as my C and R license comes back.

SAMCO. Currently waiting for a K31 and a Spanish Beauty Guardia Mauser from SAMCO. I went with the K31 Excellent and Walnut for $159 because another afficionado had a good outcome. Highest prices on the web.

Google and read for other sites; good options out there.

My Take: The K31s are still out there but are drying up. I offer out to the list with this fact in mind that I am still looking for 3 or 4 or 5 more but have received much from this list so will offer it out to those who have an interest.

I would buy from any of the above again.

Regards,

Rick

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:42:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 11:18:59 PM EDT by 1IV]
http://www.impactguns.com/store/ 104$
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:54:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1IV:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/ 119$

And then where do I go?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 11:05:53 PM EDT by Rick_Lind]
PS K 31s suck. No body should ever buy any of them.

Rick
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:04:30 PM EDT
go to rifles, surpluss, and scroll down.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:09:51 PM EDT
I'm there, real time, doesn't seem to work.

Rick
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:18:18 PM EDT
http://www.impactguns.com/store/RI1081-G.html
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:22:31 PM EDT
That worked 1IV! Thanks.

They are out of stock per my web response.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rick

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:26:17 PM EDT
Call them and get on their list for more.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:30:17 PM EDT
1 IV,

Do you have carnal personal knowledge of these rifles?

Regards,

Rick

I have 5 of these Swiss ladies living with me. Although they are my same age, or older, they insist on acting much younger than I am. What can I do? They make noise until the wee hours.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:31:40 PM EDT
Nothing to add.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:37:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 11:38:42 PM EDT by 1IV]
I find it to be best to listen to the little voices coming from my guns. But then again 2 is a conversation 5 is staff meeting. So just take what they say with a grain of salt and pay attention only to the one that gives you 1/2 inch groups.

I own one of these, and it's stock needs to be refinished, but the finish was perfect. When you first get one from impact have a can of gunscrubber handy as they are greasy. I am away on buisness right now, but when I get back I look forward to my first long hour spent behind it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:49:39 PM EDT
1 IV:
You da man!!

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Hope to talk with you again on SwissRifles.com

Regards,

Rick

AKA "Doc"
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:59:29 AM EDT
I'll second aimsurplus.com I got the walnut stock option, the K31 + Yugo 59/66 sks together, shipped to TX was ~$200

The finish on my K31 is bout 95%, wood is very nice. I didn't pay extra for handpick, just walnut.

I've been lucky so far on 'luck of the draw' orders
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:56:20 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies.

What is the reason for ones with a walnut stock to cost a bit more? Are they supposed to be more collectable? Are there any other differences in walnut stocked rifles?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:51:03 AM EDT
The walnut stocks were used from 1933 through most of 1944, so goes the lore, and then beech was used through 1958. The walnut was really nice, often with lots of figuring. The beech, while also a beautiful wood, is softer and harder to refinish, and shows the typical dings more.

It won't matter, you have the Swiss flu and must have at least one of each!

regards,

Rick
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:08:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rick_Lind:
The walnut stocks were used from 1933 through most of 1944, so goes the lore, and then beech was used through 1958. The walnut was really nice, often with lots of figuring. The beech, while also a beautiful wood, is softer and harder to refinish, and shows the typical dings more.

It won't matter, you have the Swiss flu and must have at least one of each!

regards,

Rick

Darn it Rick, you're right ! I feel it coming on, and I can't seem to shake it. I'll take two rifles and call you in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:12:24 PM EDT

I'll take two rifles and call you in the morning.

That works. I'm at 5, going for 7. Wife agrees; I married well.

!Me gusta!

Rick

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:14:38 PM EDT
PS If/when I do another AIM I will not do the handpick.

Rick
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:17:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:28:21 AM EDT
There are a couple of collectable k31's on the EE right now......

SRM
Top Top