Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 8:15:11 AM EDT
I am about to transfer my first C&R weapon. I know I cannot "be a dealer". I am not even making money on the sale- I am just breaking even. Here is my question, other than annotate it in my bound book, what other froms do I have to fill out? Are there any other requirements like a NICS check? I have a C&R and Iwill be transferring a Russian 91/30 Mosin Nagant to someone that does not have a C&R. I know he has tocome to my residence to get it. Anything else?

Thanx-
Bill  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get their name, addy, and Drivers license number. No forms to fill out.. If you ever transfer a handgun, you are required to supply them with a copy of the "Child handgun saftey act" phamplet..

Your local and state laws may vary, of course..
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as he is a resident of your state, he does not have to come to your residence to get the firearm.  That would be true only if he were a resident of another state.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanx for the help guys.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Sales between private individuals in my state are OK so all I did was get the buyers name and address for my book.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't have to worry about whether or not you make a profit- it's OK to come out ahead.
The C&RFFL does not prohibit you from selling or trading. You just can't make it a business.
If you ever run across one of the 5-fer deals it's OK to keep the best and sell the rest- as they do not enhance your collection. Many sell the rest for enough that the one they keep is free.
Of course, I hate to ever sell any weapon. But that's just me!
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top