Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 11:49:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, I realized I need to do something with all my bolts as well. they always seem to catch the sling of the rifle next them when leaving the safe, gets really annoying.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
After acquiring my latest C&R boltgun, I realized that I had to do something different in my safe.

Turns out, the rifle fit alot better if I remove the bolts.

WTF should I do w/them if they aren't in the rifle? Does anyone make some device to hold/store/organize rifle bolts?

I use a fabric tool roll. Like the ones wrenches come in from Proto......NH Northern usually has them for like $10.....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you thought about standing rifles muzzle end down?  That way the bolts dont contact.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Have you thought about standing rifles muzzle end down?  That way the bolts dont contact.

That's exactly what I do, in order to keep the bore evenly lubed, and the bolt and butt relatively dry, without lube flowing down out of the bore. Otherwise, esp. with old Mosin-Nagants, I get the tendency for the upper bore to dry out and rust- not good.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top