Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 4:33:11 PM EDT
I was rather surprised to find my C&R FFL in the mailbox today.  I had expected the process at least four weeks.  Oh well.  

So now I'm chomping at the bit to send out copies of this lovely thing and I was wondering whether the experienced crufflers could offer a bit of advice.  Do you just mail a copy of your license off to each vendor or do you include a form letter of some sort?  If you use a form letter, do you mind if I plagiarize it?  

Thanks!

For the record:
01/30/06 - Mailed Application
02/03/06 - Credit Card Charged
02/24/06 - Received C&R

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Since the license covers a half sheet (mine did), I made copies with a short note on the top half of the sheet. It read something like this:

"I expect to be making a purchase from your company in the near future. Please file this copy of my C&R FFL. "

Worked for me!

X
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was rather surprised to find my C&R FFL in the mailbox today.  I had expected the process at least four weeks.  Oh well.  

So now I'm chomping at the bit to send out copies of this lovely thing and I was wondering whether the experienced crufflers could offer a bit of advice.  Do you just mail a copy of your license off to each vendor or do you include a form letter of some sort?  If you use a form letter, do you mind if I plagiarize it?  

Thanks!

For the record:
01/30/06 - Mailed Application
02/03/06 - Credit Card Charged
02/24/06 - Received C&R

I just got done with what your doing.
There is a form letter and labels for vendors in this thread.
The form letter is on page 2 near the bottom. ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=14&t=168079&page=1
It's a thick stack
ETA: I'm a slow typer and it took me a couple hours to get'r done.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. This is what I sent. Now I get tons of mailers with goodies in them.

To Whom it may concern

Please place this signed copy of my 03 Curio and Relic license on file for future business.

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Dr_X:  Great idea!  

twonami:  D'oh!  I looked at that thread, but not past the first couple of posts.  Guess I should have looked further.  

Thanks guys! (or gals! )

ETA: Thanks to Pthfnder as well!  You posted while I was still working on my reply.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top