Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2006 2:01:38 PM EDT
Well I have my C&R now and I really like the looks of the Enfield No1.  However, I'm not sure what to look for and what to stay away from.  I have heard that some where made in Australia and some were made in India.  Are there more countries where they were manufactured??  Are the ones from India any good?  Are the Lithgow made rifles any better?

And finally where can I get a decent one?
Thanks for any and all help.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
lithgows/australians seem to be the premium ones. i managed to pick up a 1916 from a private seller off gunboards for $125, its all matching and its very nice with a great bore. i took a chance buying from a private seller but i figured it was worth a shot for a buck and a quarter. looking at the auction boards the same gun would have set me back a minimum of $200 and up to $350!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Go read this before you start buying so you know what you are looking for/at.

enfieldrifles.profusehost.net/
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, a lot of good info there.  Still not sure what country of origin I want.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a really nice, all matching Lithgow '42, from AIM back in the summer for $119.  Great shooter, and excellent bore.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks, a lot of good info there.  Still not sure what country of origin I want.  

All of them.

Just buy one, Any one.  Then they will multiply.  

( The Australian ones are primo though. )
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
And finally where can I get a decent one?

If you want a nice example, Brian Dick at BDL deals in Enfields, he has some very nice No1's and he's a straight shooter. His prices aren't the cheapest, but you know EXACTLY what you're getting with him.

www.bdlltd.com/mil_sale.htm
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#7]
swingset that site dont work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#8]
worked for me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
swingset that site dont work.

Works for me, but upon checking Brian isn't selling many No1's at the moment. I'm sure he has some, but they're not on the website.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#10]
it worked today. were is he out of? it only shows weapons and no addy or home page. do you have it? i want a good enfield.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top