Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 12:40:22 PM EDT
Seems one of my Dads friends has a few of these for sale. He's wanting $400 for the best one, but said he would probably take less. According to my Dad the guns in really good shape. So, does that price sound about right? I've read these guns are often overlooked, and tend to be accurate and built pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
a couple of years ago, they were selling for around $295???? or something like that.....I think.   You might check gunbroker and see what the going rate is.

Just checked.... One listed  for $249.00

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Century Rework (to 7.62 NATO) that has performed perfectly. It came with Night sight, Bayonet and scabbard, firing pin pouch and accessories pouch as well as original leather sling. I think I paid about $300 for all of it, but that was about 1 1/2 or 2 years ago. I still think $400 is a little high for a 7.5 one without accessories.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The cheapest I have seen them was when SOG had them on sale for $199 about five years ago.  That's not a bad price if you get one that doesn't slam-fire.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Seems one of my Dads friends has a few of these for sale. He's wanting $400 for the best one, but said he would probably take less. According to my Dad the guns in really good shape. So, does that price sound about right? I've read these guns are often overlooked, and tend to be accurate and built pretty good.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought a Century Rework (to 7.62 NATO) that has performed perfectly. It came with Night sight, Bayonet and scabbard, firing pin pouch and accessories pouch as well as original leather sling. I think I paid about $300 for all of it, but that was about 1 1/2 or 2 years ago. I still think $400 is a little high for a 7.5 one without accessories.

Same, but mine didn't come with all the goodies.

Only semi I've every run Idian ammo thru.....couple hundred rounds with no problems

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Rifleman--Same here. I've shot mostly Indian and some Santa Barbara. I had a few issues, but they were all the ammo's fault. I love it, and even though I have a FAL, I probably won't be replacing/selling the 49/56 any time soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top