Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 5:32:31 PM EDT
I have a Yugo M48. Got it form mitchells mausers. Its in very good condition, so is the  bore, no scratches. Serial numbers do not match. I have no pics but am wondering what the value is? I am thinking around $100?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds about right.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you selling it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
can't tell you for sure (because of no pics), but the very nice ones with matching #'s are around $200, non-matching $150-$200.  you can get Yugo M48s for $100, but they are pretty beat.  if you have a C&R license you can shave a little off those prices.  sometimes if it is an M48, M48a, M48b, or m48bo (scrubbed/egyptian/syrian). can make a difference on price if it is something someone is looking for to complete their collection.

ETA: the $400 mitchell's charges for them is way over priced.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
What about an unissued M48 BO (receiver never stamped with emblem), all matching serial numbers with accessories (ammo pouch, bayonet, sling, cleaning kit, etc.)?

I'm seriously thinking of selling mine.  I don't like the existing iron sights and I don't have the heart to alter it for a scope.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Shane333,

You might consider the mojo sights for your M48 - it's about a $65 mod, simply replaces the rear sight w/ a windage/elevation adjustable peep sight - no permanent mod to the rifle is necessary.

Mojo Sights

Sam
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Shane333,

You might consider the mojo sights for your M48 - it's about a $65 mod, simply replaces the rear sight w/ a windage/elevation adjustable peep sight - no permanent mod to the rifle is necessary.

Mojo Sights

Sam

Thank you.  That may be exactly what I need.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shane333,

Mojo Sights

Sam

Thank you.  That may be exactly what I need.

I installed the rear aperture sight on my M48 and it made all the difference in the world.  Takes about 10 minutes to install and the original sight can be reinstalled in about the same time with no mods to the rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top