Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 4:02:25 PM EDT
I'm wondering how you guys keep your bolt action C+R's lubed?  Specificly the bolt.  I've got a Mosin and a K31.  Do you use CLP on the bolt, or some kind of grease?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I use tri flow and have had no problems and it works really well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I just use the Ed's Red that I clean with.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Rule of thumb for milsurps.  Oil the bolt action rifles and grease the semi autos.  I use Rem Oil, EEZOX, or any good gun oil.  CLP wold be fine, but IMHO EEZOX provides better protection.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions.  I've been using Break Free on my Mosin.  I just got the K31, and there was grease in the bolt (not cosmo) which just made me wonder.  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]
whats a good grease reccomendation?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:05:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Oil:  a quality synthetic.  Most "gun oils" are overhyped and overpriced.

Grease:  a quality lithium grease for disc brake bearings.

Don't use to much.

I don't put much stock in "boutique" lubricants when it comes to non full-auto weapons.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions.  I've been using Break Free on my Mosin.  I just got the K31, and there was grease in the bolt (not cosmo) which just made me wonder.  Thanks.  

Might've been oil sometime in the fifties

I use FP-10 on the bolts of Mosins, Enfields, and Mausers without an issue.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Remove firing pin from bolt, spray on CLP, re-assemble bolt.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Another rule of thumb: If it slides, use grease. (rear of bolt lugs)
If it pivots, use oil. (trigger pins)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top