Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 7:11:04 AM EDT
Is $300 a good deal for a (C&R) Manurhin PP .32 cal pistol?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Well . . . .

I paid $249 for one three years ago.  Mine was "like new".  

Great little pistols, they are . . . . .
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Billy,

Thanks for the reply.  Am I correct in assuming the Manurhin will use the same magazines, parts, and holsters as the Walther PP series?

Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The Manurhin IS the Walther PP series.

The last Walther PP series pistols made in Germany were made in 1945.

After WWII, Walther contracted ALL PP series pistols with Manurhin.  
In the late 50's, Walther stopped having the Manurhin name stamped on the guns and had only Walther markings.
After this, Manurhin made the guns, shipped them across the German border to Ulm, where the Walther factory proof fired them, stamped "Made in Germany" on them, blued them, and sold them all over the world as "German made" guns.

To be fair, in Europe, the country where the final proof is done is considered the country of manufacture.

These little facts became public in the 70's when manufacture of the PPK/s was moved to the US.
The gun writers who for years had described the Walther PP series as "Fine German workmanship" blandly informed us that they'd always known the guns were actually made in France.

So, any and all PP series guns made in Europe after 1945 were actually produced by Manurhin in France.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to know.  Thanks for the info and I have decided to purchase the pistol.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll like it.  These were always classy guns, and these imports are undervalued.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top