Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 4:27:13 PM EDT
$400, sound like a good price for a rearsenaled gun? Like new matching numbers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:49:37 PM EDT
That's an excellent price for an ORIGINAL 91/30 sniper.

Slightly below average price for a sniper repro or a refurbed ex-sniper.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:10:12 PM EDT
Whats the deal with all the 91/30 "snipers" that are out now? Are they originals, or did they just add the bolt and scope? The numbers match. Do they turn down the original bolt and add a scope or renumber an existing turned down bolt. I hate paying that kinda money for a 91/30 with just a bolt swap and scope.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:50:00 AM EDT
Snipers have special marks on them to denote their status (originals)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:40:08 AM EDT
Any help with the markings? It should be 43 marked maybe 44.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:21:10 PM EDT
Lots of reproduction m91/30 PU and PE snipers are coming on to the market at the moment. I'd treat any that you find with suspision especially at that price. From what I can gather there is a optics factory in the Ukraine that has restarted production of SVT-40 PU scopes and PE scopes and putting them on re-furbished standard SVT-40s and mosin nagants.

Over here in New Zealand several m91/30 PE sniper reproductions were imported along with a couple of the SVT-40 sniper reproductions as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:37:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kiwicollector:
Lots of reproduction m91/30 PU and PE snipers are coming on to the market at the moment. I'd treat any that you find with suspision especially at that price. From what I can gather there is a optics factory in the Ukraine that has restarted production of SVT-40 PU scopes and PE scopes and putting them on re-furbished standard SVT-40s and mosin nagants.

Over here in New Zealand several m91/30 PE sniper reproductions were imported along with a couple of the SVT-40 sniper reproductions as well.

I would love to have a reproduction WWII era sniper scope for the Mosins. I am mainly after shooter guns, and thus am not terribly concerned about having exactly historically correct guns at this point...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:46:23 AM EDT
Top Top