Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 2:09:23 PM EDT
What can you tell me about the Bannerman conversions of US made Mosins? I just got a Westinghouse Bannerman conversion from my son and I am seriously considering getting rid of it. Do these things have any collector value? From what I have gleaned from the internet, they are not recommended shooters. I have no use for this new acquisition, and I don't collect Mosins any more. Just interested in the history/value of this rifle. I can take pics later tonight or tomorrow if anybody needs to see pics.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:36:17 PM EDT
Well, I don't know about the Bannerman conversions specifically, but I heard about one conversion (or set of conversions) done by a radical of some sort. I really can't remember if he was a fascist or a communist, but he bought and converted a bunch of M-Ns that didn't get delivered because of the October Revolution. He was trying to build up a private army that would be able to overthrow the government. Needless to say he failed miserably, but I really can't remember his name or any other real details. I read about it in an older Shooters Bible or something like that I found at the library. Anyway, if it happens to be one of those, I'd say it's worth quite a bit of money. If not, it's just a weird/dangerous conversion. Anyway, hope someone who has more concrete details comes along. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:45:35 PM EDT
Bannerman was a major dealer in arms around the 1920's. I know that his conversions were legit, and not part of some radical plot. I am more interested in a price check on this than anything. I have already done a mess of research on the history of this conversion, there is a good site here. I just can't find any real time examples of what kind of price these fetch. I will most likely be selling this in the near future, and I don't want to take a beating on it, or on the other hand, I don't want to ask a ridiculous amount of money for it either.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:27:50 AM EDT
Anybody got any idea of a fair value? Like I said, I have searched the gun auction sites that I am familiar with and can't find any that have been sold.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:12:48 PM EDT
Be very careful with this rifle. From what I have read, they are not safe to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 6:25:52 PM EDT by glazer1972]
You might try one of the more c&r related sites like p212.ezboard.com/bparallaxscommunitytraderboards or www.russian-mosin-nagant-forums.com/smf/index.php. I concur with the above statement and would not fire that rifle. The only value the rifle would have is the value someone might place on it as a bannerman conversion. I believe that bannerman in those days was kinda like what century is today.
Top Top