Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 9:38:23 PM EDT
I recall not too long ago there were some unissed M38 andor M44s on the market. Does anyone know where I might find them? I did see the refurbed M38s and M44s at AIM. If I could though Id like to get unissed....if they exist.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I managed to get a couple of unused M44s a while back.  So they are around.  I really doubt if you can find a M38 in that condition.  I've got a a couple of those and they were in that "excellent" unissued since the last refurbishment condition.

I got one unused M44 from AIM and one from Century.  You are probably going to get lied to.<G>  People on the phones generally don't know jack.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I recall not too long ago there were some unissed M38 andor M44s on the market. Does anyone know where I might find them? I did see the refurbed M38s and M44s at AIM. If I could though Id like to get unissed....if they exist.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanx...I thought one or both were around. I think Ill just be satisfied w/ a refurb then. Im looking for a bolt gun to do 'battle rifle' shoots w/. How do the refurbs shoot? Ive heard all sorts of reports from tack driver to 10" grps at 25m. Its hard to tell which end of the spectrum theyre really in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
i've personally never had an accuracy problem with any mosin, but i know some people who have.  turns out their barrels SHOULD have been counterbored, but weren't, so the rifling was all f'ed up at the muzzle, causing their groups to look more like buckshot patterns.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]
no accuracy issues with mine either m44 or 91/30
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
What is often called unissued in reality is not.  The vast majority of Mosins have been rearsenaled, and many several times.  You can find Mosins that do not appear to have been issued since their last rearsenal, but they were issued many times prior.

A few arsenal fresh Mosins show up from time to time.  You can still find Finn M39's which appear to be unissued.  But even those were made with recycled parts.  Also, it seems that unissued Polish M44's surface from time to time.

By the way, the same can be said about "unfired" rifles.  Rifles are test fired upon completion.  The idea of an "unfired" milsurp is pretty sillly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top