Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 8:50:55 PM EDT
As above.  I can use specific recommendations.  I'm looking at Burris and NC Star as entries to see if the focal length even works.  Specific models and web links appreciated.  

Mount used are from AIM Surplus site.
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Swiss_1931_Carbin_Scmidt_Rubin_K31_7_5Swiss_Cal_.html

Thank You in Advance.

Rick
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Darrell mount on my K31.  AIM is good though.  I'd still avoid a no-name scout mount though.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
As above.  I can use specific recommendations.  I'm looking at Burris and NC Star as entries to see if the focal length even works.  Specific models and web links appreciated.  

Mount used are from AIM Surplus site.
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Swiss_1931_Carbin_Scmidt_Rubin_K31_7_5Swiss_Cal_.html

Thank You in Advance.

Rick

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of scope?

Thanks,

Rick

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you considered the St Maries Clamp on mount that Brownells stocks?  It clamps to the reciever with no permanent mods necessary so no devaluing of your rifle.  It requires some rings that Warne makes.  It will mount the scope slightly right of center still allowing use of iron sights.  I just got mine but don't have my rings yet.  Every review I have read has been completely positive of it.

Here's some decent pics of it:

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I will visit Brownell's

Rick

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Have you considered the St Maries Clamp on mount that Brownells stocks?  It clamps to the reciever with no permanent mods necessary so no devaluing of your rifle.  It requires some rings that Warne makes.  It will mount the scope slightly right of center still allowing use of iron sights.  I just got mine but don't have my rings yet.  Every review I have read has been completely positive of it.

Here's some decent pics of it:

www.gunboards.com/forums/uploaded/boilerman/200551381947_Right.jpg
www.gunboards.com/forums/uploaded/boilerman/200551382050_106_0644.jpg

That looks a little weird to shoot.  What the cheek weld like on that?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#6]
That's just a pic I found.  I haven't gotten the rings for mine yet so I don't know.  It seems most people say it's really not as weird as you think.  Supposedly it's not to far off center to really screw up a cheek weld, but I have no experience so I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Darrell's scout mount on my GF's K31, with a Leupold M8 Scout sccope (true IER). I really like it.

I used it to shoot a 36/40 in a silhouette match today. Got me in a shoot off for first place and I nailed 9 turkeys in a row at 385 meters ( unfortunately the other guy knocked down 10 )
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone have any experience as to the Burris or NC Star optics for the forward mounted scout scopt type format?

Thanks,

Rick

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience as to the Burris or NC Star optics for the forward mounted scout scopt type format?

Thanks,

Rick

Yes.  I have a NC Star 2.5 x 30 LER IR scope scout-mounted on a Darrrell's Scout Mount.  Works fine.  I've used it as my bush gun hunting pig and deer in the swamps and palmetto prairies down here.

really bad pic of my setup:

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, BayEagle,

That's just what I have in mind. I have one of the mounts from AIM instead of Darrell's.  I want something that will work without putting a lot of money into an experiment so the NC Star fits the bill.

Rick
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:12:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Any experiences with the NCStar SPB2732B 2x7 scope.  I think it's my first choice for the K31.

Thanks,

Rick

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Received my K 31s today (2) From AIM.

One with clean stock, the other with a nice figured, but cracked, stock.  I will strip, bleach, fix, stain, seal, and finish  it.  I have a digital camera and know how to use it!!! (Oh wait, no, I don't)

I will probably call AIM and ask that they send me another upper fore stock.  The split was not glaring, but is obvious, for a "hand select," and is not sound.

80% on one, 25% Bluing on the other.  Just OK.  I think they're running low. If I go through them again I will call and be a "demanding" customer, or get an idea of what's available. I don't go through life giving people a hard time.

A scope mount that replaces the rear sight also was ordered, and came.  Don't know if it is Darrell's mount or a clone.  Will report back. It needs a long relief/pistol scope.

Nice 1918 Bayonet for $90.  Needs cleaning but nice shape.

I ordered a NCStar 2x7 Pistol long relief scope for one of my ladies from NightVisionSales for $51.95 including shipping. Better prices around but higher shipping or no one at the phones.

I am not a fan of "cheap" scopes, but do not want to invest much into this experiment.  If it works, then excellent.  If not, then I should be able to tell if it was the scope, or the concept, without going broke.

Picked up 480 rounds of 7.55 Berdan primed Swiss from TrailBrazer, perfect shape (Thank You!), and another 20 Boxer primed Normas for $40 (ouch).

Just a Pilgrim, stumbling along.

Haven't checked the butt plates, yet.

More to eventually follow.

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top