Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:20:09 PM EDT
I've been into shooting for a long time but I don't actually own a gun. I'm looking to buy a rifle but I'd like it to be as inexpensive as possible. C&Rs seem to be my best bet for cheap yet reliable weapons. I have a Big 5 (sporting goods store) just down the street and they sell Mosins, Mausers, and the occasional Lee-Enfield for about $80-100. I was just wondering if anybody has any objections to my purchasing one to learn how to shoot with rifles. Are there any good reasons why I shouldn't get one as my first rifle? If I do decide to get one, are there any recommendations as to which gun I should get?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:45:45 PM EDT
My first was a mauser......can be had for cheap, costs the least to shoot, and many accessories available.
I would also reccomend any that you could get your hands on...

Mausers and Mosins would be the cheapest to shoot. K-31's and Enfields the next in line. I will say this, my K-31 has to be the absolute best $100 I've ever spent, even if ammo is hard to find sometimes. It is the most accurate, well built rifle I own, and cost the least. Good luck making a decision, but know once you start, it may never end...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:38:07 AM EDT
Like already stated. Once you start.... it keeps going. I would get a Mosin N or a Mauser for the first and second rifle. . Then a Lee Enfield or K 31 . .. Order the ammo by the case. Surplus ( corrosive ) but CHEAP . Just clean her really well and you'll never get rust. Good luck and congrads, WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:53:50 AM EDT
+1 on starting with a Mosin. Cheap, relatively accurate, durable. LOUD!
Top Top