Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 5:41:17 AM EDT
I've got a 98k stock I've cleaned up using dry heat to rid it of cosmo and handrubbed three coats of BLO. The stock still smells like cosmo but it looks and feels much better. The last coat has cured for ~40 hours now and by the 48th hour, I want to apply Butcher's clear paste wax to seal the wood.

My question: do I sand the BLO before applying the wax or do I just apply over the finish as is? I can rationalize either method but I want to get it right to get a real nice, satin finish the first time. I've been using 000 steel wool between coats of BLO and I have 400 grit sandpaper on hand right now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
yep just slap it on. the blo will actually seal it up for you but wont hurt to add the other stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top