Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:38:37 PM EDT
Im looking to buy an m91/30 mosin nagant for 100.00 it has good rifling and the barrel is not to dark and very shootable, it has 1942 stamped on reciever its not a hex rec, and i forgot to look for manufacure, but i believe its iszhevsk but not sure and on the side it has electro pencil markings from importer and it reads

c.a.i. georgia

can you advise me if this is a good buy? and any info on the importer and maybe when it was imported? the rifle is in very good to excellent i would say but i have not shot it yet, and its very clean with sling and bayonet. thanks for all info guys!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:55:58 PM EDT
You can get them for less, usually. Here:
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_Model_91_30_7_62x54R_Mosin_Nagant.html

$69 for the rifle with a sling, bayonet and ammo pouches
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:56:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 3:57:06 PM EDT by Pthfndr]
That's not a bad price for 91/30 if the stock, bore and blueing are in good shape. Especially with a decent condition sling. Hex receivers are preferable, but nothing wrong with a round receiver. My best shooting 91/30 has a round receiver.

Except for my Samco mausers, and a couple K31s from Cherrys, it seems like every other rifle I have with an import mark came from CAI. No complaints with their stuff from me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:20:36 PM EDT
CAI is Century Arms International - but in the case of thr moisin rifles - that is unimportant except for price. These rifles should be pretty much in the same shape they were in when they left their source.

Dont be in a rush to buy it .do some research..

Here is some info--www.mosinnagant.net/USSR/default.asp

here are pictures of markings on russian rifles
www.mosinnagant.net/USSR/mosin_nagant_markings.asp

There are several dealers that specialize in selling older mil-surp rifles such as moisins

www.mosinnagant.net/site%20sponsors/default.asp

good luck
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 1:17:50 PM EDT by williedikker72]
If it's refurb, that's too much. At gun shows around here they are around $90 and that's giving all the goodies (sling, bayonet, mags pouch, ETC) plus you have a pile of them to look through for condition, bore and date. OTOH, if this is not a refurb, that is a good price especially if there is a SA stamped on the receiver. Snatch it up if it is. That means a Finnish captured gun during the Winter War. AIM is selling Finn captured 91/30's for around $250 If it's a CIAimport it's probably a refurb though. Terry

BTW, AIM is a great place to deal with and if you're not worried about being able to handpick one yourself, go with them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:48:57 PM EDT
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:46:47 PM EDT
My CAI M38 was a refurb. If you have "good rifling and not a dark bore" it's probably been counterbored. Easiest way to check is the muzzle. It will not have any rifling for about the last inch or so.

Now, I paid too much for mine, but then I think it's a blast.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:57:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1shott:
IM sent.

im sent back thanks
Top Top