Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2005 9:14:55 PM EDT
(Group) HI Nefarius! (/Group)

WTF is wrong with me?
I got back a little while ago from purchasing a M1891/41 Carcano. That is the 8th C&R rifle THIS MONTH! Just this morning I went to the post office to pick up an un-issued M48 Mauser that came in. Last night I spent 3 hours cleaning up a 1943 Mosin Nagant M38 (with an actual M38 stock no less...not the M44 stock)

I spend hours browsing the web and the auction sites, and while working I have been talking C&R, shopping online for C&R, and pretty much thinking about cleaning and shooting C&R's. I can't seem to start a conversation with my GF or my co-workers without saying something like "Wow...here's an awesome deal on Polish 7.62x54r....."

I don't think I'll be happy until I have a Mosin Dragoon, uh...and a Ka3 Cossack. And maybe an un-issued Enfield no.1 Mk.3. I haven't got a M1903 Springfield yet either. Of course there's a whole world of pre-1900 rifles I haven't touched yet...........(trails off drooling)

I wonder if I can get the .gov to classify this as a "REAL" disease like gambling, or fatass' anonymous so I can get some disability checks!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:32:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nefarius:
WTF is wrong with me?

It appears to be an acute case of early-onset Crufflitis. Self medication with a cosmoline salve may alleviate the symptoms, but doesn't cure the disease. If you can avoid scratching the itch for a while, the craving may be reduced, but never really goes away. Chronic recurrences seem to be inevitable. You have my deepest sympathy.

X
Top Top