Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 7:46:34 AM EDT
Im interested in getting a c@r license and have a queston. Once I buy a eligable gun say a turk mauser and want to through a mojo sight or maybe even drill and tap it would i be breacking any rules. So can I alter or repair any of my c@r guns once i have purchased them?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as you do not alter the serial number or make an illegal weapon (too short of a barrel, full auto, etc.) you can do whatever you wish.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Very good question, in fact same one I had.

I am currently building a custom rifle and the major change is going to be the caliber. I will have to note the change in my book.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]
As I understand it modifications would only affect the ability to sell the gun in the future as a C&R.  The only place I have seen anything otherwise is on some of those SKSes where you can violate some of the 922r laws.

If you do something you might want to get a BATF letter.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Im interested in getting a c@r license and have a queston. Once I buy a eligable gun say a turk mauser and want to through a mojo sight or maybe even drill and tap it would i be breacking any rules. So can I alter or repair any of my c@r guns once i have purchased them?

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Friends dont let friend sporterize C&R's
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
ditto!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Friends dont let friend sporterize C&R's

+100

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top