Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:12:32 PM EDT
Can you get any dummy grenades for the grenade launcher?  Please tell me these wouldn't fall under destructive devices??
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that the Yugo grenade launcher is a standard NATO size, 22 mm or some such measurement.  I've seen a number of sources for Israeli and other dummies or practice grenades and kits.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Dace,

After reading LawTalkingGuy's post I swear I was looking at the Israeli practice grenades from Gun Parts and I was going to ask if these would fit.  Have you ever tried these?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I see all the grenades in those adds but what is the "standard" yugo grenade commonly used back in the day when the sks was actaully used to launch grendes in combat? what model?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see all the grenades in those adds but what is the "standard" yugo grenade commonly used back in the day when the sks was actaully used to launch grendes in combat? what model?

www.inert-ord.net/yugos/yughr/index.html
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, now I just have to find some 7.62X39 blanks, preferably non-corrosive.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dace,

After reading LawTalkingGuy's post I swear I was looking at the Israeli practice grenades from Gun Parts and I was going to ask if these would fit.  Have you ever tried these?

The Israeli inert grenades work great on a Yugo  SKS, AR15 and on the French MAS 49/56.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dace,

The Israeli inert grenades work great on a Yugo  SKS, AR15 and on the French MAS 49/56.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

NOT BLANKS!!!

You will be looking for rifle grenade launching cartridges.

Blanks might work, or you might end up spending a few weeks in intensive care!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT BLANKS!!!

grenade launching rounds are way hotter than blanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:17:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT BLANKS!!!

grenade launching rounds are way hotter than blanks.

Grenade launching rouds it is.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Danger but good advice

I have a yugo 56 and isreali grenades normal blanks in 7.62x39 will work if tou open them and double the powder levels

I am not recommending this to the faint of heart or any one at all I simply works for me, I also use to do this in the army with the sapper grappling hooks and two 5.56 blanks

once again NOT RECOMMENDED
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Danger but good advice

I have a yugo 56 and isreali grenades normal blanks in 7.62x39 will work if tou open them and double the powder levels

I am not recommending this to the faint of heart or any one at all I simply works for me, I also use to do this in the army with the sapper grappling hooks and two 5.56 blanks

once again NOT RECOMMENDED

How much do the Israeli grenades weigh and how far do the grenades go?  How are you supposed to use the grenade sight?  Curious minds want to know.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Screen shots I took from a video posted on another site.

These images are from the war in Bosnia.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#16]
It looks like he is getting ready to fire it in the last photo.  Do you know how to use the grenade sights?

*Just to make it clear:  I only intend to shoot inert grenades.*  Some Fed does a search and the next thing you know it you're on yet another list.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It looks like he is getting ready to fire it in the last photo.  Do you know how to use the grenade sights?

*Just to make it clear:  I only intend to shoot inert grenades.*  Some Fed does a search and the next thing you know it you're on yet another list.  

Ya he fired it from there.  And from the kick it generated, there is no way I would fire one from my shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I have never fired a gernade from my Yugo.  I want to though.
Anyways.  I believe you aim with a yugo by aligning the tip of the gernade with the range mark on the flip up sight.  I read that in my SKS manual.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I got one from a private individual selling the Yugo practice grenades:

Haven't shot it yet!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#21]
IIRC, you use the ladder sight by looking over the tip of the grenade thru the desired 'range' window...

The front and rear rifle sights are (IIRC) not involved...

This is based on my tinkering with FN-FALs... I don't think I used the ladder sight with the M203 (been close to a year since I've fired one)...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I got one from a private individual selling the Yugo practice grenades:

Haven't shot it yet!

Got one of those, myself.  Probably from the same guy, but that was quite some time ago.

-GreatWarAZ
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Can you post those videos, have always been a fiend for bosnian war footage.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#25]
tagged for later
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Not a super exciting video, beginning is boring, but there is some fighting.  Lots of it reminds me of that Monrovia thread.  You see some interesting weapons including a Romanian AKM varient, a Romanian sniper rifle carried by the squad leader, the SKS, an RPK, and a bunch of other soviet weapons.  Grenade launching is like 7 minutes into the movie.  Dead bodies at end of the movie as a warning.  A wounded soldier towards the end as well, they only show a nasty shoulder wound though, looks like the guy got grazed pretty bad.  You should also notice the cameraman is not neutral as he points out some enemy soldiers (who are on the run) to the squad at which time they then shoot at these enemy soldiers on the run.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5090199680527634582&q=bosnia
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a super exciting video, beginning is boring, but there is some fighting.  Lots of it reminds me of that Monrovia thread.  You see some interesting weapons including a Romanian AKM varient, a Romanian sniper rifle carried by the squad leader, the SKS, an RPK, and a bunch of other soviet weapons.  Grenade launching is like 7 minutes into the movie.  Dead bodies at end of the movie as a warning.  A wounded soldier towards the end as well, they only show a nasty shoulder wound though, looks like the guy got grazed pretty bad.  You should also notice the camerman is not neutral as he points out some enemy soldiers who are on the run to the squad at which time they then shoot at these enemy soldiers on the run.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5090199680527634582&q=bosnia

Dace, that was a cool video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top