Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2003 8:10:40 PM EDT
i have just picked up an unfired mint chinese sks.....it is pre 89 i do believe .....it has the spike bayonet and serial number range of 1,0..,...     but what i can't figure out is this....is it a military gun????  i know that the ones with a triangle on the reciever with a 26 in it is military.....but mine has a large triangle with what looks like a small 6 then a big 3 and another small 6 in it.....the barrel apears to be a screw in barrel and it has the milled trigger guard(group)..... does anyone know about this type of SKS???? it is the 20" barrelled gun by the way....

thanks in advance for any help....

Camaro128
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally wouldn't mention having a bayonet on a Chinese SKS unless I was absolutely certain it was legal. Remember what happened at Waco when they thought maybe there might be some possibly illegal guns there.

I don't get into the detail stuff myself, but here's a better place to start asking questions about SKS's:

Survivor's SKS Boards
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I personally wouldn't mention having a bayonet on a Chinese SKS unless I was absolutely certain it was legal.

Why is this? Are there not many legal Chinese SKS's with bayonets?
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
www.simonov.net

Lots of SKS goodies.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I personally wouldn't mention having a bayonet on a Chinese SKS unless I was absolutely certain it was legal.

Why is this? Are there not many legal Chinese SKS's with bayonets?

I don't even know exactly what the rule is, and don't really care. It was either a certain manufacture date or a certain import date, but there is a cutoff point where our government decided that a good rifle had turned bad and couldn't have the bayonets mounted anymore. For a while they were shipping the detached bayonets in the same box with the rifle, but I guess the ATF decided that was a little too much like having a shotgun and a hacksaw in your house at the same time. Just making things a little too tempting or too easy.

My understanding is that the vast majority of Chinese SKS's can't legally have a bayonet mounted.

I've got a few Chinese SKS's, NONE of which have bayonets on them. I did pick up a few bayonets, but they are stored in another universe far, far away. On the day when I feel like it, I will get them and mount every one of them.

But that's not all I will do that day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top