Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2003 7:31:38 AM EDT
AIM's having a sale on their "less than perfect" Albanian's for $89 delivered so I thought I'd give it a shot. They come with an extra stock so that you can replace the most likely broken stock with a new one.

Mine came today (less than a week since I ordered; a personal record when dealing with AIM) and while the stock is beat up, it is completely intact. All numbers match, and the finish is about 90%, so I'm well satisfied with my $89. I'll post some pictures after I clean up the 12 lbs of free cosmoline included with the rifle.

They also had "Excellent" Yugo SKS rifles on sale for $129 delivered, so I p[icked up another one.  Lots of cosmoline to clean off, but the metal looks 100%. Stock is one of the dark tiger striped wood. Should clean up nicely.

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
got one of the 89 albies a few days ago.wood looks like shit,but the extra stock is very nice.all the blueing is off the bottom of the mag,but the rest of the metal is at least 95%.best 89 bucks I ever spent.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats this  AIM?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
AIM Surplus

aimsurplus.com/
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered mine on Friday, along with a "shooter grade" Yugo, and two Mosins. All came on Tuesday. Of course they are in Ohio and I'm in Michigan so it's not very far. Even so, pretty fast shipping.

My Albi looks pretty good. All matching numbers though the upper handguard doesn't match the wood of the stock. The stock is very crudely made but is not damaged in any way. The metal and bore are in great shape. It should clean up pretty well.

The M38 Mosin I got was absolutely beautiful. Pristine condition, all matching numbers, dated 1941. The stock was nicely varnished and the grain on it is very nice.  The 91/30 Mosin was dated 1942. It was in very good condition. The wood is not as nice as the 38 but all the parts match.

Both very nice rifles for $69.95 each.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top