Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2003 3:04:48 PM EDT
And yes it does pack a kick! Fairly accurate however, didn't have time to do more formal accuracy tests but it was easy enough to hit a soda can at 60 yds with surplus ammo. I did find the battle sight to be way too big for accuracy and instead flipped up the micrometer sight and set it at 200 for testing.
Overall I was favorably impressed. If you want a light easy to carry rifle with a fair amount of power it is a good choice, just remember you will pay for the lightweight when you pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:42:50 PM EDT
Who did you get it from and do you have any pic's?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:58:39 AM EDT
Probably the hardest kicking gun I've ever shot. My shoulder starts to twitch just thinking about it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:32:33 AM EDT
My No.1 mark III* is the hardest kicking gun I own, I can only imagine what the smaller carbines kick like...
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:21:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RipMeyer:

Got it from SOG and paid the extra 10 bucks for handpicked this time. I will try to get a picture up soon.
I was forwarned about the kick, that is why I made sure to wear not only my old field jacket but also a recoil pad. Still hit like hell. I let a guy I met there try a few shots with it. I was amazed how far it knocked his shoulder back when he touched it off.
I know I do not want to fire it without something between me and the butt, heck, I am even wary about trying a shot from the hip.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:30:09 PM EDT
The M38 Nagant is in the next more severe recoil class.

If you get used to it the JC has little recoil. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By GaryM:

Originally Posted By RipMeyer:

Got it from SOG and paid the extra 10 bucks for handpicked this time. I will try to get a picture up soon.
I was forwarned about the kick, that is why I made sure to wear not only my old field jacket but also a recoil pad. Still hit like hell. I let a guy I met there try a few shots with it. I was amazed how far it knocked his shoulder back when he touched it off.
I know I do not want to fire it without something between me and the butt, heck, I am even wary about trying a shot from the hip.

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:35:55 AM EDT
I never did figure out why they used hockey puck rubber for the buttpad. Maybe it was softer 60 years ago?

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:26:07 AM EDT
GPC has new soft replica recoil pads for these. That is the first thing that I did when I got mine.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By Chuck:
I never did figure out why they used hockey puck rubber for the buttpad. Maybe it was softer 60 years ago?

-- Chuck

Top Top