Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2003 5:18:42 PM EDT
Is the S&B 7.62x25 ok to use in the cz-52?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
The new production stuff is generally ok.  I've not heard of any surplus ammo for this caliber that didn't have problems.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Is the S&B 7.62x25 ok to use in the cz-52?

Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive been using it, about 300 rds so far without major problems
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Why wouldn't it be?  The only issue with 7.62x25 is older than dirt ill stored surplus with brittle brass & hard primers.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, that's the only thing I've put through mine, and it's eaten a couple hundred rounds with no malfs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Works just fine for me.

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
S&B works fine and is boxer primed. That means you can reload the brass.
S&B is the only factory ammo I use in my CZ52s.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up some winchester today for $8.50 a box. Haven't tried it yet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I picked up some winchester today for $8.50 a box. Haven't tried it yet.

from what I understand the Winchester 7.62x25 IS S&B in a Winchester box.  It's loaded in the Czech Republic for Winchester & distributed by them.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I have never heard that.  I think Crapchester is loading that ammo on their own.

As for the S&B, their ammo is among the best in this gun.  Try shooting some of their surplus sub-gun ammo in it and watch the fireball shoot 2 feet out from the gun. Yeah, it can take it.

Mine was held up in customs for a while as the importer was unable to find a stamp with strong enough stel to hold up to the steel these things are made of.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have never heard that.  I think Crapchester is loading that ammo on their own.

As for the S&B, their ammo is among the best in this gun.  Try shooting some of their surplus sub-gun ammo in it and watch the fireball shoot 2 feet out from the gun. Yeah, it can take it.

Mine was held up in customs for a while as the importer was unable to find a stamp with strong enough stel to hold up to the steel these things are made of.

I just looked at the box of winchester and it says made in the CZECH Republic. Might be S&B.

As far as shooting Sub-Gun ammo in it I have heard time and time again tht it will damage it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top