Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2003 7:07:53 AM EDT
Have questions concerning the Grease Gun.  Is it considered a C&R?  How old do guns have to be to be classified as C&R?  Does anyone have any good links to the history of the Grease Gun?  I live in Michigan and would like to purchase a M3A1 but don't know if i'm restricted to the carbine version.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is one source of information on the grease gun www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/index.php?s=c53d80bf4e75e87098a616e37c3780c1&act=SF&f=9

According to the ATF web site, these are C&R qualified. This was taken from the list on their web site.

U.S. Model M3 and M3A1 submachinegun, cal. .45, original Guide Lamp or Ithaca Gun Co. manufacture only, mfd. prior to 1954.

U.S. M3 submachinegun, 9mm parabellum, as originally produced for the U.S. Government, having no manufacturer's name or S/N and originallymarked U.S. 9mm SMG on the left side of the magazine housing, original production only.

The full list is here www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/sec4.htm

Seems to me the price for a grease gun is somewhere around $12,000.  Neat guns but way out of my price range. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Lumpy223, thanks for the reply and info.  If you didn't fat finger the last "0" in 12,000, then it is also out of my range.  guess i'll keep dreamin.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lumpy223, thanks for the reply and info.  If you didn't fat finger the last "0" in 12,000, then it is also out of my range.  guess i'll keep dreamin.  

the only subgun in the 1200 range would be a used mac type and even then there going for about 1500-2000+ anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top