Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2003 7:57:52 PM EDT
.........AND HOLY CRAP IS THIS FUN!!!!

It sat in my gun safe for a while because I live at college and the safe is at home, and I finally got to shoot it this morning. Lots of fun, pretty accurate plinking wise. The surplus ammo was fairly reliable, although sometimes the slide wouldnt lock forward all the way, and would have to be pushed into battery, probably just limp wristing it or needs to be broken in or something. It was still a blast.

Its my first handgun
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I attracted some attention one day at the range. Using the sandbags on the tables I was able to ring the 100yd gong pretty regularly with mine. The chairman for the High Power shoots was there and rather impressed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
7.62x25?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a moment and make this check!

Unload the pistol. Cock the hammer. Place a pencil eraser first down the bore. Point the pistol up. Push the safety up until it decocks. Did the pencil jump? My friend found out the hard way that lots of the CZ-52s imported have defective parts and will fire when they decock. Never trust the decock on one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, they'e a "blast", aren't they?  I just got my 7.62x26 dies, and I'm going to load some .224 Timbs when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It is one of the smoothest shooting pistols I have.  The only thing that comes close is my Walther PPK.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Take a moment and make this check!

Unload the pistol. Cock the hammer. Place a pencil eraser first down the bore. Point the pistol up. Push the safety up until it decocks. Did the pencil jump? My friend found out the hard way that lots of the CZ-52s imported have defective parts and will fire when they decock. Never trust the decock on one.

Ive done this, the pencil didnt move, although I refuse to decock it with a live one in the chamber.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is one of the smoothest shooting pistols I have.  The only thing that comes close is my Walther PPK.

You should check out the CZ50 Its a PPK copy and is C&R also a .32 caliber. I love mine
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
although sometimes the slide wouldnt lock forward all the way, and would have to be pushed into battery,

I had 3 CZ-52's, one in 7.62x25mm. The slide on that one would often not go all the way forward with surplus ammo. I forget who made the ammo... maybe Poland... it had like 3 or 4 "centerpunch" marks for a crimp around the neck. I finally determined that the chamber neck was too tight to let the case necks in. This may have only been due to the odd crimp distorting the case neck, but to me this was a red flag for a very dangerous situation. There MUST be enough clearance for the case neck to expand and release the bullet, or pressures can get out of hand.

I recut the neck area of my chamber plenty loose with a .30 Carbine reamer I have, and the slide always closed perfectly after that.

But I was very skeptical of the safety arrangement of the CZ-52. One of my firing pins was too long, and could touch the primer with the firing pin lock engaged. The ledge on the firing pin that engaged the firing pin lock was just about big enough for a gnat to sit on, if it let its feet dangle over the edge. And the de-cocker looked like somebody's brain fart.

Plus I didn't find the grip particularly comfortable and the tip of the trigger poked my trigger finger annoyingly. I eventually got rid of all three, though the 9mm ones were super accurate.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should check out the CZ50 Its a PPK copy and is C&R also a .32 caliber. I love mine

I have a CZ 70.  It was nice until I shot the PPK.  For some reason the CZ has a very bad "trigger slap" just like an SAR rifle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a CZ 70.  It was nice until I shot the PPK.  For some reason the CZ has a very bad "trigger slap" just like an SAR rifle.

i haven't noticed this on my cz50.  i know the 50 and the 70 are supposed to be identical, but i've heard of some cut corners in the die process for the 70's.  purely rumor and hearsay from old guys at gun shows, but may contain a nugget of truth.  besides the muscleman double action pull, i am completely and totally content w/ this sweet little pistol.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I havent ever felt any trigger slap on my CZ50.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]
My dads CZ-50 does not have this problem.  MY 70 does.  I have never talked with anyone else who had the problem.  The gun still shoots just fine, it just hurts to shoot after a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top