Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 2:09:05 PM EDT
This may sound stupid, but on the Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)--y'know, the citizenship certification form:

Line 1 (NAME under which the application was filed:) obviously means me.
NOW what do they want for Line 2 (NAME of person CERTIFYING to citizenship)?  Do they want  my name twice, on lines 1 and 2?
I'm probably making this more complicated than it should be, but I don't want to screw this up!

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you are certifying your own citizenship.

Kinda retarded, ain't it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you and yes, it does seem abit on the retarded side.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to think about that one myself...but then I remembered it was a government form, so all logic and sense is out the window.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to give some additional thought to that question myself! I damn near got out my birth certificate and went to a notary(my sister). Then I gave it some additional thought and realized that they just wanted me to answer the specific question so they could come and bust my ass if I lied.
I think a lot of questions like this are a direct result of people like Bill(blow me) Clinton making statements like"depends on what your definition of "is" is.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
How 'bout this one:  The USA doesn't recognize dual-citizenship.  No big deal there, if you're a US citizen then you're a citizen of no other country other than than the US.
So on Line 3 where it asks you for your country of citizenship one puts USA, but then it asks you to "list additional country(ies) below if applicable".  WTF!
The rub here is that The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela considers me a citizen, but the US doesn't recognize this as long as I'm in the US.
So do I leave it blank, or do I fill in the line????

Methinks it is time to call the ATF and INS for help on this one....I'll get this damn form filled out eventually!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top