Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/19/2003 10:02:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/27/2003 4:32:56 PM EDT by _twist]
yesterday i ran up to the ups truck like a kid running to the ice cream man...

militaryshooters.com sent me two beautiful pistols: a star b and a cz50. the metal on both is just about flawless and my only complaint is that the wood grips on the b are a bit hacked and worn. that's part of the wonder that is c&r weapons though, i suppose.

the overnight policy on that site is a blessing. no waiting with baited breath - the next day the guns are in your hands. it's just an awesome feeling getting handguns in the mail - a big f*ck you to all the anti's.

i'm going to the range later today, so i'll let you know how they shoot. the way the b points, i have high expectations.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:48:49 PM EDT
Congrats!
Any picks of the new toys?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:09:12 PM EDT
Sounds good!

I should have one of their Excellent condition Colt Sistemas in my hands tomorrow (Friday), I ordered it this morning. Denise said she had one that had a nice crest on it she would send. I love this stuff.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:35:21 PM EDT
lumpy223: yeah, i had to actually flip a coin between the sistema and the star b. i want a 1911, but 9mm is already an existing caliber in my household.

as an update about the range:

a certain fullsize 9mm is going to get a lot of cuddling over the course of its lifetime. easy to handle, natural to point, overengineered chamber = 0 muzzle flip, and not a single ftf - what's not to like? well, i really don't like the mags. dropping out a loaded mag sometimes results in a loose round falling out w/ it (not the chambered round). loading them isn't very slick either, and the way the top round pinches to an angle is a bit off-putting. however, i must admit that they performed flawlessly even if they are manufactured funkily. i'm not going to mention my groups (as i'm not a very good shot while standing still) except to say they were a vast improvement over the other two fullsize 9mm i've shot (baby eagle and glock 17). my other complaint is that you can't release the slide w/ your thumb but must pull it back w/ your left hand - a minor difference to someone used to modern firearms.

the cz50 fired a bit high - but that might be me compensating for the heavy frontend of the gun. the decocker freaked me out when i was playing w/ it at home but it proved reliable and never pushed the firing pin forward at the range. only one of the two mags i received had a finger rest on the bottom of it and it made a noticable, positive difference when quickly pointing the gun. i really like the mags - they hold the .32 rounds perfectly, so well that you can't manually unload them! no ftf, even when i on-purpose limp wristed. shot well w/ one hand (again, i'm not going to mention my groups - i am positive the gun could fire a hundred times better than i shoot. i need more time at the range...)

i'll get some pics up as soon as i get my new (to me) digital camera figured out. just wanted y'all to hear that i'm well satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:32:28 PM EDT
sorry for the bluriness - i guess you get what you pay for (in this case a free digital camera)

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:41:06 PM EDT
posting my type 53 chinese mosin as well - for shits and giggles
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:50:53 PM EDT
Sweet...don't you wish they could talk.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:38:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Arkansas_Rocketman:
Sweet...don't you wish they could talk.

they'd probably tell me some stories that would turn my hair white... and i wouldn't be able to stop listening - like ghost stories, these firearms are eerily intriguing
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:55:25 AM EDT
Cool CZ50. Here is mine that I get on Monday!
Its been arsenal refinished/rehabed too:

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:46:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
Cool CZ50. Here is mine that I get on Monday!
Its been arsenal refinished/rehabed too:

how are you liking that 16lb double action pull?

btw - your grips look different. are they cut?
Top Top