Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/12/2003 7:54:03 AM EDT
I've got a K31 coming soon. Haven't tracked down the best price on ammo, yet, but I'm looking forward to taking it to the range when it arrives...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:48:01 PM EDT
Very high quality, very accurate. Ammo is kinda hard to find but the swiss milsurp is damn accurate. Grafs (www.grafs.com I think) makes brass for it and Lee makes dies if you want to reload for it.
There are two manufacturers for these rifles, Sig and Hammerli, those names ring any bells?
For lots of good info try www.swissrifles.com.
Enjoy and remember you should be able to outshoot those swedish mauser and finnish M39s now. :)
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:07:07 PM EDT
Hi Jaybo. I fell in love with the K-31 after holding one once.
I also have one coming, from SOG.
Empire Arms has ammo, as well as SOG. Sog's price is $23.95 for 60 rounds of GP11, which is the milsurp match grade ammo and $4.00 cheaper than Empire Arms.
Gary, I just received some ammo for my Swede M-96, but with rain here haven't been able to check it's accuracy.
When the K-31 arrives I will give ya'll a head to head range report.
My wife has agreed, in principal, that I also need a Finn M-39, so I should have the accuracy issue covered.
Jaybo, reloading is the best way to go, but until you do the GP11 ammo is the best, and is hard to beat even when reloading. The milsurp Swede 6.5x55 ammo I received is made by Norma and is listed as sharpshooting ammo. It was originally made for their sniper rifles. It replaced the original ammmo issued and is about the same price as the 7.5x55 Swiss.
Considering the K-31 has a free floated barrel from the armorer and the milsurp ammo is match grade It's no wonder the K-31 is considered the most accurate milsurp rifle ever made. In an article in Rifle magazine, I think, the writer said his K-31 was shooting moa, which is common, and shot as well as his $1500.00 Weatherby.
Later,
Jim
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:01:01 AM EDT
The K-31 is one of my favorite C&R guns.

The recoil is rather stout, but that's part of the fun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:33:48 AM EDT
Anybody else find the little name tag behind the Butt Plate???
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:39:50 AM EDT
Yup. Found it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:07:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SWS:
Yup. Found it.

junior.apk.net/~scotts/k31tag.JPG

VERY COOL isn't it?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:45:46 PM EDT
Those tags are very cool. I hope my rifle still has the tag. I think I'll send a letter to whoever is listed. Hopefully he's still alive.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:16:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jaybo:
Those tags are very cool. I hope my rifle still has the tag. I think I'll send a letter to whoever is listed. Hopefully he's still alive.

There a board out there that tells you how to go about contacting these folk...I'll look for it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:17:47 PM EDT
http://www.swissrifles.com has a lot of good info on that, and how to decipher the tags...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:17:40 PM EDT
The http://pub176.ezboard.com/bcurioandrelicfirearmsforum has a lot of good info also.
Contacting former Swiss army "owners" of your K-31 is very popular.
Jim
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:54:33 PM EDT
Jaybo:

Of all my firearms, I confess that my walnut stocked K31 is the most attractive firearm I own. The thing is, dare I say?, gorgeous. I can keep rounds in the 9 ring at 100 yds. without any problem at all. Regarding your purchase: Even if the stock is beat, take a look at the bore and you shouldn't be disappointed. Enjoy.

-White Horse

p.s. My rifle was issued to Ernst Breu, born 1912, 1st Grenadier Company, who lived in Luchingen, national insurance number 673665.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:41:49 PM EDT
Cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing mine. Just have to be patient for a bit longer...
Top Top