Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/6/2003 5:01:55 AM EDT
I recieved a C&R license recently, and I was curious as to if I am required to keep a record of NON-C&R items in the book as well.

I think I remember reading somewhere that after you get the license, all firearms must be recorded, even if they are not C&R eligible. Is this true?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:12:48 AM EDT
It depends on who you ask.

Some say yes, some say no. Others even suggest that you record ALL sales in your book, even if it is not a C&R, or a C&R you bought before you recived your license.

I only record items that I buy with my C&R.

Av.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:16:49 AM EDT
Now that I have a C&R I keep track of all my fiream transactions even if they arent C&R. It doesnt hurt to have that type of info recorded.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:38:40 AM EDT
Do not put non-C&R firearms in your C&R "bound book." This is for C&R firearms obtained with your FFL.

If you wish, keep a separate "personal firearms" book to record this information. This would include any C&R firearms purchased on a 4473 before or after you obtain your FFL.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:18:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Chuck:
Do not put non-C&R firearms in your C&R "bound book." This is for C&R firearms obtained with your FFL.

Why not?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:56:59 AM EDT
If you had a compliance check it would be difficult to justify this action to the compliance agent.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:

Why not?

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:35:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
Now that I have a C&R I keep track of all my fiream transactions even if they arent C&R. It doesnt hurt to have that type of info recorded.

It sure does hurt it opens you up to another area of investigation by JBT's...Just keep whatever non-C&R records seperate.

Less is more
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:05:36 PM EDT

If you wish, keep a separate "personal firearms" book to record this information. This would include any C&R firearms purchased on a 4473 before or after you obtain your FFL.

You need to log any C&R firearm purchased after you obtained your '03 FFL whether you purchased it on your '03 or whether you used a 4473 to make the purchase. Purchases before the C&R FFL was obtained do not need to be logged.
Top Top