Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 9:54:30 PM EDT
Ive just started getting interested in thei C&R thing. Anyone want to give me a run down on this? Im in CA so anyone that is here that knows the laws and how to get a C&R license would be great. Also I read somethign about not being able to change the original confiuration of the gun. SO this means I cant get a Mauser and junk everyhitng but the reciever and build a custom?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:11:15 AM EDT
You can download application and Cert.of Compliance from www.titleii.com. It costs $30/3 years. Send copy of application to your CLEO. You do not need his approval or signature, though.

Check out Century Arms and Southern Ohio Guns, AIM Surplus, etc. Send a copy of your C&R to Midway, Brownells, too and they give a discount.

Most of these places will denote which guns are C&R, you have to send them a signed copy of your C&R (don't sign the original, just the copies). Don't know about Cali regarding shipping to you.

C&R opens up a whole new world: less regulation , less hassle, less cost, more fun!

My C&Rs: K-31 Swiss, Russian capture Erfurt K98k carbine. Delivered to my doorstep.

As far as I know you can change the configuration to anything legal, including a custom.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:49:37 PM EDT
Is there a master list of firearms that are classifies as C&R's? Or is it just a certain age that they have to be
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:43:19 PM EDT
Bob,

you will get a full book of whats C&R and uls and regs. As far as Cali goes, I only know of the SKS with the granade launcher being illegal. Everything else is O.K.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:27:04 PM EDT
oh boy, now I gots to get a bigger safe
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:29:38 PM EDT
ATF Document Order Center

Check this site.

Order:
Publication - ATF P 5300.11 - Firearms Curios and Relics List

Publication - ATF P 5300.5 - State Laws and Published Ordinances-Firearms

Form - F 5310.16 (F7CR) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:14:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By faldoc:
You can download application and Cert.of Compliance from www.titleii.com. It costs $30/3 years. Send copy of application to your CLEO. You do not need his approval or signature, though.

So your saying just send a copy to my local chief of police. Does he respond with anything?

Does anyone in this whole process come out to your home?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:53:42 PM EDT
1 - No. Chances are, he puts it in the circular file.

2 - It's always possible, but I've only heard of this in NY. It seems every C&R applicant in NY gets a personal visit from an ATFE agent.
Top Top