Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 9:54:30 PM EDT
Ive just started getting interested in thei C&R thing. Anyone want to give me a run down on this? Im in CA so anyone that is here that knows the laws and how to get a C&R license would be great. Also I read somethign about not being able to change the original confiuration of the gun. SO this means I cant get a Mauser and junk everyhitng but the reciever and build a custom?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You can download application and Cert.of Compliance from www.titleii.com. It costs $30/3 years. Send copy of application to your CLEO.  You do not need his approval or signature, though.

Check out Century Arms and Southern Ohio Guns, AIM Surplus, etc. Send a copy of your C&R to Midway, Brownells, too and they give a discount.

Most of these places will denote which guns are C&R, you have to send them a signed copy of your C&R (don't sign the original, just the copies). Don't know about Cali regarding shipping to you.

C&R opens up a whole new world: less regulation , less hassle, less cost, more fun!

My C&Rs: K-31 Swiss, Russian capture Erfurt K98k carbine. Delivered to my doorstep.

As far as I know you can change the configuration to anything legal, including a custom.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a master list of firearms that are classifies as C&R's? Or is it just a certain age that they have to be
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Bob,

you will get a full book of whats C&R and uls and regs.  As far as Cali goes, I only know of the SKS with the granade launcher being illegal.  Everything else is O.K.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
oh boy, now I gots to get a bigger safe
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
ATF Document Order Center

Check this site.

Order:
Publication - ATF P 5300.11 - Firearms Curios and Relics List

Publication - ATF P 5300.5 - State Laws and Published Ordinances-Firearms

Form - F 5310.16 (F7CR) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You can download application and Cert.of Compliance from www.titleii.com. It costs $30/3 years. Send copy of application to your CLEO.  You do not need his approval or signature, though.

So your saying just send a copy to my local chief of police. Does he respond with anything?

Does anyone in this whole process come out to your home?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
1 - No.  Chances are, he puts it in the circular file.

2 - It's always possible, but I've only heard of this in NY.  It seems every C&R applicant in NY gets a personal visit from an ATFE agent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top