Damn it to hell

I need A permaban

Now I must have one of these....

Have zero need for one
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally got around to shooting it today.

Shot 120 rounds mix of CCI SV, Geco Match, and SK Standard. Had a couple of stove pipes with the SK (maybe one with the CCI but not sure) and one short stroke with the Match which was odd as I was using a suppressor. I'm going to chalk that up to an ammo issue.

I will take it back down and do a thorough cleaning and hopefully it is just breaking in.

One thing I noticed when I did the initial clean is it has a painted white spring while my regular MP 15-22 is painted blue. Almost like the way Sprinco marks their springs.

I would guess the white spring in the pistol is a little shorter than the blue one or it has a little less tension to help with cycling with the shorter dwell time.

View Quote

I also noticed that the bolt from my rifle doesn’t have as much material milled off as my pistol.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You need one! Ammo prices my man. Ammo prices.

Quoted:
Damn it to hell

I need A permaban

Now I must have one of these....

Have zero need for one
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at my LGS this morning and asked if they had seen any yet and they said had got several late last week and only had one left that they had not put out on the rack yet. I ended-up buying it. $449.00 cash.

They also threw in a FDE mag and a used M&P marked red dot they had not got around to getting a battery for yet. It works fine but I stuck a Bushnell TRS-25 on it.

Attachment Attached File

I took the FH off and put on a Ares armor brake I had laying around....The FH was not on much more than finger tight, just snugged good.

I added a set of sights and a couple of rail sections.

My knock on it is the long-ass mags. I ordered a 10-rounder from Midway for it, most everyone else is out of stock right now.

Oh, and I picked-up 127 rounds of .32-20 for $40.00 too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I decided to go in a different direction and installed a older Japanese-made Bushnell 1.5 X 4.5 X 25 I had in my box-o-scopes. I also swapped-out the thin and ill-fitted OEM MagPul grip for a Colt A1 grip. I like the thicker A1 grip much better.

Attachment Attached File

I put my .22 can on it and took it down to my range this morning and tried it out with some CCI Standard. No function issues, accuracy was on par for what I expected, +/- around .25" at 40 yards. I took the can off, put the brake on, and then tried it with CCI Mini Mag with pretty much the same results.....Maybe a tad bit better in fact. Again, no function issues.  

I suspect that if it was given a better trigger (or just broke-in) it would do much better. Still better than a OEM 10-22 trigger but I know that's not saying much.

I you decide to change grips just be aware that there are two springs that you need to account for under the grip, the normal one in the grip hole that everyone is familiar with and a second/smaller spring just aft of it. I don't know what it does but it rests on the top of the grip and is depressed as you screw the grip on, you just need to keep it straight till the grip is seated. I just used my fingers and held it straight.

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for that review!
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Most likely for the takedown pin since it doesn’t have the hole on the rear of the receiver where the castle nut/plate holds one in on a standard AR.
View Quote

Possibly, it does line-up under it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#9]
So I picked up one of these cause I got a suppressor coming. Fun little gun! It's been too cold to do much with it, but sighting in on a steel plate the groups looked pretty decent.

But, and I already posted this in the Silencer forum, S&W did a poor job on the barrel threads, no relief cut between the end of the threads and the shoulder, must have saved about 50 cents in machining costs.

Attachment Attached File

The threads are longer than my suppressor calls for (Mask) so I picked up a spacer. So it looks like my gunsmith will get some more of my money.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So I picked up one of these cause I got a suppressor coming. Fun little gun! It's been too cold to do much with it, but sighting in on a steel plate the groups looked pretty decent.

But, and I already posted this in the Silencer forum, S&W did a poor job on the barrel threads, no relief cut between the end of the threads and the shoulder, must have saved about 50 cents in machining costs.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21830/barrel__2__jpg-1830436.JPG

The threads are longer than my suppressor calls for (Mask) so I picked up a spacer. So it looks like my gunsmith will get some more of my money.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/21830/barrel1__2__jpg-1830438.JPG
View Quote

Yep, that's my only real gripe with the pistol.

My form1 mount doesn't have a undercut in its threads so I had to find a spacer that did so I can index off the shoulder. Ill see if I can dig up where I got the spacer from and let you know.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't even look at my threads. Guess I'll be needing a spacer too. Mask is in jail for a while yet anyway.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Form 1 can complete and cerakoted.

https://i.imgur.com/NxZ4vvk.jpg
View Quote

That sir is bad ass.

Info on the f1 can?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Update on my barrel thread issue. I walked into my Suppressor dealer with the barrel in hand all set to have new threads cut. He reached into his pocket and said let's try this. He'd made up some spacers with relief cuts and tried to sell them at one point but there wasn't enough profit in it. It did the job. It saved me $40, but more importantly I took it home and shot it versus waiting for four weeks, ha.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

4”x1.5” Ti D-cell tube from SDTA. Castle nut ends from PPA (use a buffer tube castle nut wrench to loosen/tighten:

https://i.imgur.com/rfXveow.jpg

Barrel was cut back just enough, that combined with a recess I had added to the DT adapter that there’s no gap:

https://i.imgur.com/n4TVlkL.jpg

Completely cheaped out on the internals, just used some stuff I had already. VSR for first and last baffle, and then seven freeze plugs in between. A couple little spacers to make it all right. A little heavier than I’d want, but since it’s not going on an actual handgun I didn’t care. It also adds a little weight to a very light firearm, which is nice.
View Quote

Well it looks cool, and that is all that really matters.

GT
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I picked one up from my local dealer for $450 on Saturday, still need to get out and shoot it. Unfortunately reasonably priced mags seem to be unobtanium right now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Brownells has the black 25rd mags in stock as of this morning. I just picked one up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top