BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any idea on value? I've seen some here and there at gun shows in decent to rough condition, asking $500-$750.
View Quote

@bigsapper

Not sure....I've seen the price fluctuate wildly on them....some people have told me 350.00....lol...  Others have said 800-1000 for new unfired.  I don't have the box (who kept them back then) but it's been a resident in the safe for over ,,,wow,,, maybe 30 years now...  

AND..... in keeping with this thread.... I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a particular version of the savage 24 22/410 in excellent condition.  Grew up and learned to shoot with one... but all the ones I seem to run across these days look like they've been ..."run across" multiple times by tractors.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
@Saddler:

Do tell!!!!  Maybe we can figure something out!!!!  What is the gun?!?!?!?!
View Quote

Of all things - the broken .22 is a Winchester 94-22
The broken spring is the left extractor

Bought the gun from a mate, he shot it in comps for years and must have put tens of thousands of rounds through it - yet it is almost immaculate aside from one or two marks on the varnish.
The 2nd time I used it the bloody spring broke..!
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Of all things - the broken .22 is a Winchester 94-22
The broken spring is the left extractor

Bought the gun from a mate, he shot it in comps for years and must have put tens of thousands of rounds through it - yet it is almost immaculate aside from one or two marks on the varnish.
The 2nd time I used it the bloody spring broke..!
View Quote

Left extractor!  On it.  Time to do some research!

ARRRG!   This little bastard, eh?

Where did it break?

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruger 77-22.  I never found a deal on one, but always had it on my list since initial release.

Found one at a local dealer last year, with Burris glass.  Some dude sold 30 of his collection to the LGS.  Gun was unfired and it didn't leave my hands until I left the store with it.  

It was always reported as a tack driver and it is in fact, a tack driver.

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Something like the KRG Bravo chassis for the CZ455, except railed all along the top like an AR. I want to use it as a dedicated thermal + IR laser night time varmint gun but either my google fu sucks or there aren't any products out there like that

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I've always wanted a Walther G22 in OD green.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ruger 77-22.  I never found a deal on one, but always had it on my list since initial release.

Found one at a local dealer last year, with Burris glass.  Some dude sold 30 of his collection to the LGS.  Gun was unfired and it didn't leave my hands until I left the store with it.  

It was always reported as a tack driver and it is in fact, a tack driver.

View Quote

@wildearp:  I stumbled upon a screwbarrel stainless last year.  Same thing....I snapped that puppy UP!  Shoots damn nice, too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Because of changing finances, I've had and sold nearly every one I'd ever want to own.
The biggest mistakes I'd rebuy tomorrow were:
1) Gun Show find: Odd-Ball Winchester 52 HB cut to 20"
2) Ruger 77-22magnum stainless synthetic cut to 16.5" that shot extremely well with CCI Maxi-Mags.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Walther model 1. Highly unlikely I'll find one in my price range.

It's a bolt action semiauto. Spring loades bolt. Close it with handle down and it's a normal bolt rifle. Leave the handle up and it's a semiauto.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A .22 pump. Not even sure what maker. My dad had one and treated it like it was gold so I sorta want one to grab back some memories. We have new ones with my kids with a Marlin 60 and a 10/22 however.
View Quote

Hammered or hammerless? Hammered is most likely a Winchester or clone. Hammerless could be a Remington 12 or 121. I have one and it's one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They just disappeared after Ruger stopped making them.  I haven't seen one in forever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sort of common, but I have been looking for a nice Ruger 96/22 lever action for years.  I must just be unlucky to have not found one.

They just disappeared after Ruger stopped making them.  I haven't seen one in forever.

I have one in my secret location.

I put a threaded 10/22 barrel on it.

Its a great suppressor host.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Winchester Model 52.  The classic .22 bolt gun.  One in close to new in box condition would be priceless in my view.

I have some nice classic .22lr rifles, but that one eludes me.

This a Remington 541-S Custom Sporter I inherited is pretty nice. I’ve since rescoped it with a modern higher powered scope, but the Vari-X 2-7x was original and period correct to the rifle.

https://i.postimg.cc/Jh9DdYVw/DDC21-B5-E-A92-A-409-C-9972-DD901-BA81598.jpg

View Quote

I have a 541-S as well, bought from a friend, it shoots 1 hole at 25 yards. Is your bolt kind of hard to close?  Mine takes a good bit of force.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I built my Holy Grail .22 rifle ;)

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I built my Holy Grail .22 rifle ;)

https://i.imgur.com/zvGHX3lh.jpg
View Quote

may we have more info?

Id like to know who did the suppressor, and stock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 2:50:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

may we have more info?

Id like to know who did the suppressor, and stock.
View Quote

DeadAir made the suppressor. I did the inletting of the stock myself, using sandpaper and a socket + extension bar. I think I posted a how-to in my IG stories.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Volquartsen 10/22
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I could really go for an Annie. Likely a sporter model, with some engraving and inlay. I'd want a high end 2-7x in gloss to top it, and a matching silencer.

ETA: it best have a AA grade mahogany stock with ebony accents and (in the absence of ivory) bone inlay, ideally from some big game that I personally harvested.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I could really go for an Annie. Likely a sporter model, with some engraving and inlay. I'd want a high end 2-7x in gloss to top it, and a matching silencer.

ETA: it best have a AA grade mahogany stock with ebony accents and (in the absence of ivory) bone inlay, ideally from some big game that I personally harvested.
View Quote

From the description I think you are describing an Anschutz .22 rifle.  But the use of "Annie" triggered the thought that an authentic .22 rifle, preferably a lever action Marlin, once owned and used by Annie Oakley would be a cool "Grail gun" .22 rifle to have.  Of course we're into PowerBall or MegaMillions grand prize winner sort of money.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Remington Nylon 66

View Quote

Same. Actually all the Remington nylons.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, I have had the pleasure of owning many fine .22 rifles over the years and can say that I've already owned a few holy grail .22's that I now regret ever having sold. My first regret was a 1982 Kimber of Oregon SuperAmerica with an absolutely gorgeous AAA walnut stock. The second .22 regret was a Martini Mk III bench rest rifle that would put match ammo through the same hole.  If I were to get my hands on a vintage Remington 40X in .22, that would be a keeper.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

DeadAir made the suppressor. I did the inletting of the stock myself, using sandpaper and a socket + extension bar. I think I posted a how-to in my IG stories.
View Quote

found a story with a 10/22 stock mod.

did deadair make that suppressor custom?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a 541-S as well, bought from a friend, it shoots 1 hole at 25 yards. Is your bolt kind of hard to close?  Mine takes a good bit of force.
View Quote

Not hard to close, but it should be a bit tight when closing on a round because of tight match spec chamber on the barrel.  Might want to scrub the chamber of crud and lead build up and see if that helps.

Also, do you have a scope on the rifle?  Some have reported that if the scope base has screws that are a bit too long, they can bind the bolt.

Shot mine yesterday at 100 yards and was getting 3/4” groups with Lapua Center X ammo when I didn’t screw up my part.  Scope was a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x set at 24x.  Amazing accuracy for a light profile sportier barrel and wood stick.  They came with a match trigger from the factory that can be set as low as one pound safely. Some are setting them down lower than that  I’m at 16 ounces on the nose.  Very crisp, no over travel or creep.  Quite nice for a sporter .22lr.

Clean that chamber and bolt face and see if that works.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remington Nylon 66

Decent looking one on the shelf at Cabela's Cincinnati 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#24]
My 10/22 Target has killed many critters in my adult life but my Marlin model 60 killed many more as a child.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/129976/B4292608-41BE-4AE3-98B7-B7865DC361E9-1306271.jpg

A good Marlin 39a, but I just got this one right before this stupid lockdown.

I've always been on the lookout for a Martini Henry converted to a cheap caliber, though.
View Quote

This^^^. I always wanted one and finally found a nice one made the year I was born, 1957.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This^^^. I always wanted one and finally found a nice one made the year I was born, 1957.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/129976/B4292608-41BE-4AE3-98B7-B7865DC361E9-1306271.jpg

I've always been on the lookout for a Martini Henry converted to a cheap caliber, though.

Looking for a truly nice, completely unfucked-with 1950 myself. LGS has one, cosmetically very nice but it has an extra, non factory hole in the receiver for a peep sight.

My grandpa had a '50, everyone in the family who shoots learned on that rifle. My uncle inherited it when he died. I want one as close to that one as I can get.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No love for Remington 40x?
View Quote

I’ve always wanted one of these but doubt I’ll ever pay the price as I’d probably rarely ever shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Personally I think you would be better off with a standard 452 american and having it cut down/threaded. I never liked the factory version because they need a thread adapter and have a mismatched finish between the receiver and barrel. Either that or just get a 457.

That is on my list. My ideal being a 39D

So this doesn't really fit in with the other rifles listed but my dream 22 rifle is a 10/22 with an integrally suppressed barrel. No, you're not likely going to find one sitting in a rack somewhere and no, its not as high end or rare or accurate as some other options but I've still wanted one for a long time now. Well a couple of months ago I found a really nice deal on a Gemtech Mist so my dream will finally become a reality! Unfortunately it will still be several months before it gets out of jail.

Now if I could just find a deal on a Norrell full auto trigger!
View Quote

I was interested in the 10-22s Israel used to shoot uprising leads in the legs ........

So I built one kind like them .
Attachment Attached File

I reshaped the stock and cut some off on the end .
It has an E R Shaw threaded barrel , free foated , Tac 65 iirc .
I refinished the stock with the milatary old school reddish stain , forgetting the name now .

Over sized cocking handle and mag release.
I'm happy with it .
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#29]
an affordable Winchester Model 62
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is my grail 22 rifle. I’ve been looking for a nice used one.  Every time I do, something else comes along that I just need to buy and the 39a get more scares and more expensive.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was interested in the 10-22s Israel used to shoot uprising leads in the legs ........
View Quote

Yeah, that was probably my original inspiration too
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#32]
I actually just got one, the Ruger 77/22 All-Weather. My mom was going to get me one as a kid, but we fell on harder times and I ended up with a Marlin 15YN (which was horrible but I could never tell Mom that). Found the Ruger in a Fairbanks gun shop and snapped it up. It's just dandy and I love it. I have an NECG rear sight on it and a taller front blade. Need to get a big ol hooded unit...

Naturally, I need another thing to chase. I love biathlon and the guns used therein, and the wildest of them all has got to be the Krico 360.

The pistol grip moves and serves as a lever to run the action.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Have an obsession with Ithaca Single shot rifles for some reason.
View Quote

I wrote Henry a few months ago and asked them to revisit the Ithaca 49 design, but make it all steel and wood.
The original was a decent gun but had a couple of design and material flaws. I have 4, a model 49 .22 LR and .22 mag, a Stevens 89 and an Agawam 68.
All are the same basic design but the Stevens and Agawam have a slightly different receiver design
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Marlin 39A (pre-remington), straight stock, carbine barrel.

They did make one, called the "mountie" I believe.

My grail version would be with fancy grade walnut, and checkering. Similar to this:

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I grew up with a Nylon 66 and would like to have another.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remington Nylon 66

I grew up with a Nylon 66 and would like to have another.

There is a used one at a shop here in Maine for $325 with some sort of scope on it. Saw it on their website.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Here is my Favorite Holy Grail Rifle. It was Given to me by my Grandpa. He bought it Brand new when he was 16 years old. He will be 86 this year. He had his name put on it, under the stock. It cost him $5.00 dollars each letter. I thought that was high, but it did cost him that. So here is the Rifle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#37]

1940 Winchester Model 75
1941 Remington 513-T

Both bought new by my Grandfather for my Father, and will be my 8 yo son's one day.

Used them at my only Appleseed and got "Rifleman" score with each.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Winchester Model 52 Sporter.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Savage rascal. Because it doesn't need anything more than a cheap plastic sled. It's 22lr.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I really like my little Henry Frontier .22 lever-action, but I "settled" for it after searching for an older Winchester 9422 in nice shape for a price I was willing to pay.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What .22 rifle is your always looking for on the used rack or in the pawn shop?  

It can be the Winchester 100 like you had as a youngster or the latest and greatest one hole target shooting precision rimfire rifle.

One of mine is a Biathlon rifle.  No real rhyme or reason for it, I just want one.

Something to ponder while this virus shut down thing runs it's course.

Joat
View Quote

Lakeside Vindicator, in semi or full auto-I don't care.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BlindFaith429:
Marlin 39A (pre-remington), straight stock, carbine barrel.

They did make one, called the "mountie" I believe.

My grail version would be with fancy grade walnut, and checkering. Similar to this:

https://images.gunsinternational.com/listings_sub/acc_70986/gi_101219642/1956-Vintage-Marlin-Model-39A-Mountie-22-Lever-Action-Rifle-Nice-Honest-Marlin-inch-Mountieinch_101219642_70986_EBD1BE629631CF76.JPG
View Quote

Look for a 39TDS. Exaxtly what you're describing, 16 or 18 inch barrel. I want one myself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#44]
One of these...  

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I like that whole outfit
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#46]
@RichinCM -

If I had one of those I couldn't afford any more guns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Joat:
@RichinCM - 

If I had one of those I couldn't afford any more guns.
View Quote

If I had one of those I wouldn't have the time or energy left to go shooting.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By StromBusa:

If I had one of those I wouldn't have the time or energy left to go shooting. 
View Quote

Yes you would. AMHIK.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:

I grew up with a Nylon 66 and would like to have another.

View Quote

I have my Dad's.  It's such a sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Where is the rifle?  I don’t seem to see one.  I guess my glasses are fogged up.  I think I need a cigarette now.

But, to try to get us back on topic I picked up this nice semi-auto, getting a bit rare now.  ‘60s Weatherby Mark XXII with its original steel tube El Paso 2-7x Weaver.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top