Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2018 10:52:42 AM EDT
Is this some kind of ID10T error?  Bought Jard "2.5 lb" trigger (they offer different springs to adjust trigger weight from 1.0-2.5lbs), followed instructions, installed, very nice trigger, crisp break, weight seems a LOT lower than 2.5lbs.  Grab my Lyman digital trigger pull gauge and carefully start measuring pull weights. Got a run of a few ~2lbs but definitely not 2.5lbs, then a run of a few around 1.25lbs?!?!?!?  Then some around 1.75lbs.  Mind you I'm not changing anything - trying to pull very consistently but nothing is making sense to me here....

Any ideas on WTF is going on?  I'll freely accept it's my error, and while measurement error seems the most likely, I'm getting 3-6 consistent weights then I'll get 3-6 consistent weights a half-to-one pound off?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t know about that particular trigger, but I do have a Jard top adjustable in an ar.

If it’s adjustable like mine, it could be that you don’t have enough sear engagement. That could explain the varying trigger pull weights. Either that or you didn’t leave enough take up before the break and are already 1/2 way through the wall.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this some kind of ID10T error?

I'm getting 3-6 consistent weights then I'll get 3-6 consistent weights a half-to-one pound off?!?!?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this some kind of ID10T error?

I'm getting 3-6 consistent weights then I'll get 3-6 consistent weights a half-to-one pound off?!?!?!
Yeah, well I started fiddling with this again today and the trigger gauge wouldn't even turn on … measured 9V battery at ~4V, so I think the wildly varying weights were in fact an ID10T error

Quoted:
If it’s adjustable like mine, it could be that you don’t have enough sear engagement. That could explain the varying trigger pull weights. Either that or you didn’t leave enough take up before the break and are already 1/2 way through the wall.
Now I'm getting pretty consistent 1.5lb weights - 1lb 7.x oz, 1lb 8.x oz averaging 1lb ~8oz.  Backed off the sear engagement as far as possible and got a much longer trigger pull averaging around 1lb 10oz.  This only seems to have an overtravel adjustment (in addition to sear engagement) and I can visually see the engagement increase.  I'll try Jard again, since I really wonder if they sent the proper spring, but several attempts via email to get an identification guide yielded basically "Call us with the spring and a pair of calipers in hand and we'll tell you".  Given my schedule that's a no-go

I'm becoming pretty unimpressed with Jard after getting and returning one of their 10/22 triggers - quality control on that was very poor, now their 2.5lb trigger is a 1.5lb trigger
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#3]
In case anyone cares, I'm writing this POS off - Jard "support" went silent on me once I had consistent pull weights, so I threw good money after bad and bought a pair of "2.5lb" springs from them - at a ridiculous price.  Sure enough, they're a good 20-30% longer than the one in my trigger which was yielding roughly 1.5lb, so I happily swap one in...and now I'm getting 1lb 12oz to 1lb 14oz pulls.  So I can have somewhere in the range of 1.75-2lb pull at best.  Complete and utter nonsense for something advertised as a 2.5lb trigger with weights selectable in 0.5lb increments.

It's a very nice feeling trigger - if you're Ok with a 1.5lb trigger pull but NFW does this thing go across the claimed pull weights
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top